Chiang Mai to Mandalay - Air Mandalay?

Old May 8th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Mister Max

Default Chiang Mai to Mandalay - Air Mandalay?

Planning ahead for a post-Christmas trip to Chiang Mai (for a wedding) and
Myanmar. I see that there's one weekly flight to Mandalay on Air Mandalay.
Does anybody know how reliable this flight is? That is, does it fly every
week? Or is there another way to get from Chiang Mai to Mandalay?
- Max

--
MisterMax
Slideshows of Angkor Wat, Bali, Crete, France, Malaysia, Maui, Morocco, Mt
Old May 8th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Iceman

Mister Max wrote in message .97.136...
Planning ahead for a post-Christmas trip to Chiang Mai (for a wedding) and
Myanmar. I see that there's one weekly flight to Mandalay on Air Mandalay.
Does anybody know how reliable this flight is? That is, does it fly every
week? Or is there another way to get from Chiang Mai to Mandalay?
- Max

It's one of the worst airlines in the world, and its planes crash all
the time.

Do you have enough time to fly to Yangon on a legitimate airline and
then travel overland to Mandalay?
Old May 8th, 2004, 10:57 PM
Dieter Aaaa

"Iceman" schreef in bericht
m...
Mister Max wrote in message

.97.136...
Planning ahead for a post-Christmas trip to Chiang Mai (for a wedding)

and
Myanmar. I see that there's one weekly flight to Mandalay on Air

Mandalay.
Does anybody know how reliable this flight is? That is, does it fly

every
week? Or is there another way to get from Chiang Mai to Mandalay?
- Max

It's one of the worst airlines in the world, and its planes crash all
the time.

Where did you get that from ?

Do you have enough time to fly to Yangon on a legitimate airline and
then travel overland to Mandalay?

LOL

Old May 9th, 2004, 12:12 AM
A Mate

It's Air Myanmar that crashes. The private lines, Air Mandalay and Yangon
Air are fine!!!

. 97.136...

Old May 9th, 2004, 12:35 AM
Mister Max

"A Mate" posted:

It's Air Myanmar that crashes. The private lines, Air Mandalay and
Yangon Air are fine!!!

Thanks, the other post had me worried. For a detailed report on
Myanmar's various airlines (from last summer), see
http://www.irrawaddy.org/database/20.../c-flying.html

Anybody have experience with Air Mandalay, on the Chiang Mai to Mandalay
route or any other?

- Max

. 97.136...

Old May 9th, 2004, 01:21 AM
Frans Vandenbosch

"Mister Max" schreef in bericht
. 97.136...
"A Mate" posted:

It's Air Myanmar that crashes. The private lines, Air Mandalay and
Yangon Air are fine!!!

Thanks, the other post had me worried. For a detailed report on
Myanmar's various airlines (from last summer), see
http://www.irrawaddy.org/database/20.../c-flying.html

Anybody have experience with Air Mandalay, on the Chiang Mai to Mandalay
route or any other?

Yes, I have made several flights with Air Mandalay, also with Yangon Air
You can see the details on my website:
http://www.actagena.org/pictures/Mya...20reisdata.htm

Kind Regards

Frans Vandenbosch

China, Myanmar & Mo
http://www.actagena.org/pictures/home/index.htm
don't forget to sign the guestbook.
http://www.actagena.org/pictures/guestbook/index.php

Old May 9th, 2004, 05:28 AM
USC

It's one of the worst airlines in the world, and its planes crash all
the time.

I've flown Air Mandalay three times and have a friend in Yangon whose
flow Air Mandalay many times, and our flights have always been
trouble-free. Air Mandalay flys the modern ATR 72-210's (as does
Yangon Airways), as opposed to the old Folker Friendships that were
involved in crashes that you've most-likely heard of.

USC
Old May 9th, 2004, 08:09 AM
Frans Vandenbosch

"USC" schreef in bericht
om...
It's one of the worst airlines in the world, and its planes crash all
the time.

I've flown Air Mandalay three times and have a friend in Yangon whose
flow Air Mandalay many times, and our flights have always been
trouble-free. Air Mandalay flys the modern ATR 72-210's (as does
Yangon Airways), as opposed to the old Folker Friendships that were
involved in crashes that you've most-likely heard of.

USC

yep
I can confirm that entirely

Old May 12th, 2004, 04:16 AM
Sue Wright

Hi again Max. Yes I have had several uneventful flights with both Air
Mandalay and Yangon Air, they fly the same routes at different times so
just book the one going where you want when you want, the ground crew
standing at the side of the runway to wave bye bye is a nice touch! Avoid
Air Myanmar as already advised.
Sue
www.wright-photo.com
For photos of Asia
"Mister Max" wrote in message
. 97.136...
"A Mate" posted:

It's Air Myanmar that crashes. The private lines, Air Mandalay and
Yangon Air are fine!!!

Thanks, the other post had me worried. For a detailed report on
Myanmar's various airlines (from last summer), see
http://www.irrawaddy.org/database/20.../c-flying.html

Anybody have experience with Air Mandalay, on the Chiang Mai to Mandalay
route or any other?

- Max

. 97.136...