Meeting Royalty in Europe

Old November 11th, 2003, 02:07 AM
Miguel Cruz

Default Meeting Royalty in Europe

Mxsmanic wrote:
But it always surprises me that people distrust Internet transactions and
yet trust paper and phone transactions, when in fact Internet transactions
are the most secure of the three (because they often do not involve any
human beings, and human beings are the element that commits fraud).

I would have said it's because people don't understand computers and
therefore mistrust them.

However that breaks down when you consider the faith that various American
jurisdictions are placing in computerized voting, despite the total lack of
accountability or reliable audit trail, the increased cost and tally time,
and the fact that every major rollout has been plagued with scandals and
ordinarily confidence-shattering missteps.

The next big computer-aided theft is going to be an election.

miguel
--
See the world from your web browser: http://travel.u.nu/
Old November 11th, 2003, 02:15 AM
Bartolmew Jojo

Marie Lewis wrote:
It is not just the spelling: you have dreadful grammar and punctuation
as well. If you cannot learn these simple things, your qualifications
(!) are somewhat suspect.

You have dreadful punctuation. Please refer to the
Self-Important Pedantic Pus-brain's Guide to
Correct Puntuation. You'll find that your use
of (!) is pathetically incorrect puntcuation.

If you cannot learn these things, your
qualifications for hypocrisy are self-
evident.
Old November 11th, 2003, 05:35 AM
Mxsmanic

Miguel Cruz writes:

The next big computer-aided theft is going to be an election.

And some incumbent politicians seem like just the types who wouldn't
hesitate to try to throw an election through fraud. Anyone who objects
could just be declared an enemy combatant.

Old November 11th, 2003, 07:15 AM
Miguel Cruz

Mxsmanic wrote:
Miguel Cruz writes:
The next big computer-aided theft is going to be an election.

And some incumbent politicians seem like just the types who wouldn't
hesitate to try to throw an election through fraud. Anyone who objects
could just be declared an enemy combatant.

I wonder if I'll have usenet access in Guantanamo...

miguel
--
See the world from your web browser: http://travel.u.nu/

Old November 11th, 2003, 09:05 AM
Reid

Following up to David Horne

What I am looking for is exposure to spanish on a
daily basis, hoping it will just "sink in".

You could do a lot worse than just watching the video already available
online- lots more audio as well. Lots of spanish, latino and US-spanish
websites broadcast on the web. My partner watches the 'local' Peruvian
news this way.

That is an idea. I haven't really taken on board the concept of
unmetered access. A daily dose of the Madrid men with beards!
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Old November 11th, 2003, 09:05 AM
Reid

Following up to David Horne

Most UK VCRs play back NTSC nowadays. Reid, when did you buy your VCR?
have a look at the front- it might say "NTSC Playback" somewhere.

Its ancient.
Old November 11th, 2003, 09:05 AM
Reid

Following up to Miguel Cruz

This is getting complex, perhaps a spanish au-pare would be
simpler, hmmmm.

To smuggle you the films, or to stage a steamy soap opera of your own?

To have spanish conversations of course, I cant imagine what you
are thinking. :-)
Old November 11th, 2003, 09:05 AM
Reid

Following up to Mxsmanic

Again, surely that leaves a trail right back to the crim?

It's possible to use completely bogus credit-cards for in-person
transactions, then take delivery on the spot and fence the goods before
anyone gets wise. Where there is a will, there's a way.

This is where I believe most fraud takes place. Either stolen or
fake cards used to receive goods in person. When I did jury
service one of the trials was a shopkeeper knowingly allowing use
of stolen cards for goods. Simple (and inevitable) to catch
because of the trail.
I think this credit card fraud organisation were talking
fantasies.