Air France? Ptui!

Old November 2nd, 2006, 01:41 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Tchiowa

Default Air France? Ptui!

Mike T. wrote:
Why shouldn't I be? My complaints with Bush are pretty much
limited to his being too soft on illegal immigration, and
that his administration mishandled the post-invasion occupation
of Iraq. But the latter is a flaw of execution, not of intent.

Geoff

So what WAS Bush's intent on occupying Iraq? (this should be good, watch
this bush apologist squirm now)

His intent was quite clear from the beginning: to remove a dictator who
had invaded his neighbors, tried to assasinate an American president,
used WMDs to kill tens of thousands, was negotiating with terrorist
groups including Al Qaeda (the 9/11 commission reported that Saddam had
offered Bin Laden sanctuary in Iraq), shooting at American planes
enforcing a UN sanction, violated the truce agreement that allowed him
to stay in power after the 91 war, etc. *BEFORE* he became a direct
threat to the US.

Now we have a responsibility to make sure that Iraq doesn't fail as a
nation. Funny that the Left seems to want that to happen.

Old November 2nd, 2006, 01:51 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Tchiowa

Stephen Farrow wrote:
Geoff Miller wrote:
Stephen Farrow writes:

: "The assumption that those who fail to share their
: views are ignorant is a uniquely liberal conceit."

You're proving my point. If you'd actually bothered to pick up a
newspaper at any point in the last four or five years, you'd know
that your ****-in-chief is a complete failure *as a conservative*.

More vacuous liberal namecalling. Can't you people do any better
than that? (Well, I suppose that if you could, you wouldn't be
liberals.)

True conservatives should boot him out of office simply for his
disastrous running of your economy,

You mean the economy that was in a recession when he inherited it
from Clinton, but has recently hit record-high Dow numbers? *That*
economy? Just checking...

OK, I get it, you're a true Republican - you really *don't* have
anything better to fall back on than the tired old "Blame Clinton" mantra.

He didn't "blame Clinton". He stated a fact. Bush inherited a recession
from the previous administration. If wasn't Clinton's fault. It was a
result of the Internet Bubble bursting. But that doesn't alter the fact
that the economy was collapsing *before* Bush took office.

And he turned it around.

If Bush has done such a great job of managing your economy, why is the
US dollar now worth considerably less against other currencies than it
was under the previous administration?

?????????

What does that have to do with it? The biggest reason for the dollars
drop was the interest rate cuts. Also the dollar had been at an
abnormally high value. Currency rates fluctuate.

If you think the US economy is so bad why is the per capita income of
Americans so much higher than Europeans? Why is the US unemployment
rate so much lower than the Europeans? Why is the US economy growing so
much faster than Europes? Why is the US budget deficit so much smaller
than most European nations (as a ratio to GDP)?

That Bush economy sure sucks, doesn't it? ;-)

Old November 2nd, 2006, 01:59 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Tchiowa

Stephen Farrow wrote:
Sancho Panza wrote:
"Stephen Farrow" wrote in message
Geoff Miller wrote:
Stephen Farrow writes:

: Why shouldn't I be?

I see. You've never read a newspaper.

your ****-in-chief is a complete failure *as a conservative*. True
conservatives should boot him out of office simply for his disastrous
running of your economy,

Ahhh yes, some disaster that record stock market.

Quiz for you. What happens when you increase spending and cut taxes?

Answer: The economy improves and tax collections rise. The US currently
has record high tax collections and a budget deficit that is so low
compared to GDP that we could qualify for the Eurozone while France
couldn't. All this despite the economic loss of 9/11 and the wars.

Keep trying, but you're losing when you disparage the Bush economic
record. It's stunningly good.

Old November 2nd, 2006, 02:24 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
mrtravel

Geoff Miller wrote:
You mean the economy that was in a recession when he inherited it
from Clinton, but has recently hit record-high Dow numbers? *That*
economy? Just checking...

We had record high Dow numbers under Clinton... and NASDAQ.....
It is only 9 percent from 11000 to 12000.
How long did it take to go that far, under Bush?
How long did it take to go the 10 percent from 10000 to 11000 under Clinton?

Note: I am not saying the numbers were due solely to Clinton, but since
you mentioned his name, and the "record-high" Dow, I thought I would
bring it up.

Old November 2nd, 2006, 02:31 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Stephen Farrow

Tchiowa wrote:
Geoff Miller wrote:
Stephen Farrow writes:

[...]

Sure, I guess, if you're wearing a blindfold.

--

Stephen

There's an Act of Parliament banning my autobiography.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 03:22 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Question Quigley

What do you mean "WE?"

It is a Right Wing war so let the Right Wing fight it.

"Tchiowa" wrote in message
oups.com...

.

Old November 2nd, 2006, 04:05 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Sancho Panza[_1_]

"mrtravel" wrote in message
Geoff Miller wrote:
You mean the economy that was in a recession when he inherited it
from Clinton, but has recently hit record-high Dow numbers? *That*
economy? Just checking...

We had record high Dow numbers under Clinton

With crude at $17, anyone would look like an economic genius. And look at
the price we paid for that level.

Old November 2nd, 2006, 04:50 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
mrtravel

Tchiowa wrote:

Interesting to see the reaction when you are nailed completely and
don't have an answer. Kind of like John Kerry did yesterday. Made a
dumb statement, got nailed for it, and started name-calling.

Nonsense. I understood what Kerry meant as soon as I heard him say it.
He was talking about Bush getting us into Iraq. It would make no sense
taken otherwise. Kerry, of all people, would not say something
derogatory about the soldiers themselves. If you believe he words were
about anyone but Bush, then you certainly don't know Kerry.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 06:06 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Calif Bill

"mrtravel" wrote in message
Tchiowa wrote:

Interesting to see the reaction when you are nailed completely and
don't have an answer. Kind of like John Kerry did yesterday. Made a
dumb statement, got nailed for it, and started name-calling.

Nonsense. I understood what Kerry meant as soon as I heard him say it.
He was talking about Bush getting us into Iraq. It would make no sense
taken otherwise. Kerry, of all people, would not say something derogatory
about the soldiers themselves. If you believe he words were about anyone
but Bush, then you certainly don't know Kerry.

Why would he not say anything bad about the soldiers themselves? Would not
be the first time he trashed them.