Air France? Ptui!

Old November 3rd, 2006, 01:38 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Geoff Miller

Default Air France? Ptui!

Magda writes:

And waste even more of my time with a microbe like you, Gege??

You're wasting plenty of it already, I notice. What's a little
more?

And what's with this "Gege" thing? Am I supposed to take offense
at that?

Geoff

--
"If Democrats win a slight majority in the House or Senate,
Americans will get shrill, insane leadership of the nation

Old November 3rd, 2006, 01:42 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Geoff Miller

Padraig Breathnach writes:

: "LOO-zer! LOO-zer!"

More vacuous liberal namecalling. Can't you people do any better
than that?

If that were all I had to offer, you'd have a point. But it wasn't.
You ignored the rest, the part where I challenged you to clarify
what you said earlier and pointed out your refusal to do so as
essentially forfeiting the argument.

And of course, even if I were guilty of mere namecalling, I'm sure
you'd agree that it wouldn't be _liberal_ namecalling.

Let the record show that Padraig is unable to defend his position...

Geoff

Old November 3rd, 2006, 01:44 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Geoff Miller

Stephen Farrow writes:

[to Sancho Panza]

Ahhh yes, some disaster that record stock market.

Quiz for you. What happens when you increase spending and cut taxes?

Nice attempt at diversion. What's that got to do with the record
stock market?

Geoff

Old November 3rd, 2006, 01:52 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Geoff Miller

mrtravel writes:

: You mean the economy that was in a recession when he inherited it
: from Clinton, but has recently hit record-high Dow numbers? *That*
: economy? Just checking...

We had record high Dow numbers under Clinton... and NASDAQ.....
It is only 9 percent from 11000 to 12000.

The previous poster asserted that the Bush administration mismanaged
the economy. The rise in Dow numbers on Bush's watch is proof that
the economy _grew_ while Bush was in office. How _much_ it grew is
immaterial.

How much the economy grew under Clinton relative to how much it grew
under Bush isn't the issue. The issue is whether or not it was mis-
managed under Bush. I'm not accusing Clinton of economic mismanagement.

How long did it take to go that far, under Bush?
How long did it take to go the 10 percent from 10000 to 11000 under
Clinton?

Did it grow under Bush, or not? Yes or no?

Geoff

Old November 3rd, 2006, 01:55 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Geoff Miller

Stephen Farrow writes:

[to Tchiowa]

Keep trying, but you're losing when you disparage the Bush economic
record. It's stunningly good.

Sure, I guess, if you're wearing a blindfold.

That's pretty weak. Insulting your opponent does not a compelling
rebuttal make, because no facts or substantive argument is offered.

Just concede the point, Stephen, and get on with your day.

Geoff

Old November 3rd, 2006, 01:56 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Geoff Miller

Question Quigley writes:

What do you mean "WE?"

It is a Right Wing war so let the Right Wing fight it.

Sorry, but it doesn't work that way.

Geoff

Old November 3rd, 2006, 02:00 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Geoff Miller

ant writes:

: Absolutely. Trade is a two-way street: other countries need our
: commerce as much as we need theirs.

You have a point. We'd all be lost without McDonalds.

If you really believe American trade is limited to McDonalds, you're
too ignorant to be allowed to participate in public debate.

Geoff

Old November 3rd, 2006, 02:09 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Geoff Miller

Sarah Banick writes:

And self-defense and territorial conquest are clearly economic issues
-- why else would a country care if it loses that nice chunk of land
with whatever its resources are?

National prestige? Saving face? A matter of principle? See "Punjab,"
"Falklands," "Sudetenland," etc.

Geoff

Old November 3rd, 2006, 02:10 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Markku Grönroos

perhaps you homo finally get lost from travel groups

"Geoff Miller" kirjoitti

Old November 3rd, 2006, 02:11 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Geoff Miller

Stephen Farrow writes:

[to Tchiowa]

I note you did not dispute any of my specific points about
the economy. And for good reason. You can't.

No, it's simply that there's no point wasting time providing
links for someone who's *so* completely taken in by the smoke
and mirrors.

*snicker*

Geoff