Carnival Named "Best Cruise Value"!

Old December 1st, 2005, 07:02 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Carnival Named "Best Cruise Value"!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Carnival and thought it would be of
interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are
available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES NAMED A ‘BEST CRUISE VALUE’ BY OCEAN & CRUISE
NEWS FOR 12TH CONSECUTIVE YEAR

Earns Top Honors in High Superior/Four Star-Plus, Short Cruise
Categories, Places Second in Overall Value Rankings

MIAMI (Dec 1, 2005) – For the 12th consecutive year, Carnival
Cruise Lines has been named a “best cruise value” by Ocean & Cruise
News, the monthly publication of the World Cruise & Ocean Liner
Society, comprised of highly experienced cruise enthusiasts.

Carnival received top honors in the High Superior Four
Star-Plus Category and was named the “Best Short Cruise Value” in the
publication’s annual “best value” awards, which recognize those cruise
lines that provide a high quality product at the best prices.

In the overall value rankings, Carnival Cruise Lines placed
second behind its sister company, premium operator Holland America
Line but ahead of other premium lines. The awards are featured in the
Nov. 15, 2005, issue of Ocean & Cruise News.

Carnival, which quietly launched a product improvement program
several years ago, was acknowledged for its upgraded dining and
service standards, high quality entertainment, spacious
accommodations, interesting itineraries, and affordable pricing.
“Carnival just continues to improve in all key areas of service,
dining and entertainment. Its product upgrades have really paid off
for the line and its passengers. All this, combined with moderate
prices, makes Carnival a real value winner. The line’s product
upgrades have not only moved the Carnival product up in the overall
value rankings but also forced every cruise line above them, even the
most deluxe, to keep a watchful eye over their shoulder,” said Ocean &
Cruise News Editor Tom Cassidy.

Commented Carnival President and CEO Bob Dickinson, “Earning a
‘best value’ award 12 years in a row from an esteemed organization
such as the World Cruise & Ocean Liner Society speaks volumes about
the tremendous value that a ‘Fun Ship’ cruise provides. Carnival has
invested significant resources in product upgrades – from the
luxurious new ‘Carnival Comfort Bed’ sleep system to an exclusive
alliance with world-renowned French master chef Georges Blanc – and
these awards reaffirm our commitment to providing guests with high
quality vacations at affordable prices.”

Carnival is the largest and most popular cruise line in the
world, with a fleet of 21 “Fun Ships” operating voyages ranging from
three to 16 days in length to the Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexican Riviera,
Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, New England, Europe and Bermuda.

The line currently has two “Fun Ships” on order – the
110,000-ton Carnival Freedom set to debut in Feb. 2007 and an
as-yet-unnamed 112,000 vessel scheduled to enter service in spring
2008.

For additional information and reservations, contact any
travel agent.

Carnival Cruise Lines is a proud member of the exclusive World’s
Leading Cruise Lines. Our exclusive alliance also includes Holland
America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, Windstar
Cruises and The Yachts of Seabourn. Sharing a passion to please each
guest, and a commitment to quality and value, our member lines appeal
to a wide range of lifestyles and budgets. Together, we offer
exciting and enriching cruise vacations to the world’s most desirable
destinations.