Rental camp stuffs in Salt Lake City

Old June 12th, 2004, 11:01 PM
richardz

Default Rental camp stuffs in Salt Lake City

I will go to Salt Lake City for 2 days, then camp Yellowstone National
park for 1 week, it will be my first time to camping.
Because i will flight to Salt Lake City, it's impossible for me to
bring Fire Pits, Heaters, cooler, etc. Can anyone know any place to
rent camp stuffs in Salt Lake City?
Thanks a lot.

Rich
Old June 14th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Brian Wasson

Recreational Equipment, Inc. (REI), a large USA-based outdoor
retailer, usually rents camping gear. Their Web site for their Salt
Lake City stores shows that they rent tents, sleeping bags and pads,
stoves, etc. (http://www.rei.com/stores/saltlakecity/index.html).

For a one week trip, it may be cheaper to find a Wal-Mart store (a
large USA discount department store) and purchase a cheap tent,
sleeping bag, stove and cooler. Usually Wal-Marts sell cheap foam
coolers for around $1-2. Then, either take the items home with you or
simply give them away at the end of the trip (those with no shame have
even returned the items to Wal-Mart at the end of the trip!).

Camping is not difficult, even if you have never done it, as long as
you stay in an established campground (I wouldn't suggest backcountry
camping for your first time!). Setting up the tent may be a challenge,
but you will have directions. Unroll your sleeping bags and you are
done!

Brian W.
Philadelphia, Pa., USA

Old June 14th, 2004, 03:48 PM
thomas goodwin

richardz wrote:

I will go to Salt Lake City for 2 days, then camp Yellowstone National
park for 1 week, it will be my first time to camping.
Because i will flight to Salt Lake City, it's impossible for me to
bring Fire Pits, Heaters, cooler, etc. Can anyone know any place to
rent camp stuffs in Salt Lake City?
Thanks a lot.

Rich

My family of four flys out to Utah or Wyoming each year for a
camping trip. We bring all of our gear along (except firepits and
heaters); it just takes a bit of practice --- I stuffed four sleeping
bags and all of our clothes in a big duffle bag.

tom in nc