O/T - £10a month fee for First Direct customers

Old November 19th, 2006, 08:54 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Default O/T - £10 a month fee for First Direct customers

Martin wrote:

Have you got MacCrap PC problems too?

Eh?

B;

Old November 19th, 2006, 09:39 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dave Frightens Me

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 22:15:52 +0100, Martin wrote:

On 19 Nov 2006 12:54:20 -0800, wrote:

Martin wrote:

Have you got MacCrap PC problems too?

Eh?

Are you using a PC like David, that can't handle wraparound?

Given I'm using a 4 yo version of agent, and can see everything just
fine, I am seriously not getting just what the probelm is here.
--
---
DFM -
Old November 19th, 2006, 09:43 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dave Frightens Me

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 22:10:19 +0100, Magda wrote:

On 19 Nov 2006 13:02:58 -0800, in rec.travel.europe, arranged some
electrons, so they looked like this:

... Magda wrote:
... On 19 Nov 2006 12:46:13 -0800, in rec.travel.europe,
arranged some
... electrons, so they looked like this:
... ...
... ... Magda wrote:
... ...
... ... Matter of taste, I suppose. Margins R & L 2.5 cm, Tahoma 12... Good enough for me.
... ...
... ... Indeed - I'm just pointing out that the evidence is that most peoples'
... ... taste does not match yours, which may help you in designing documents.
... ... Of course, you may choose not to heed my advice. I think Dorothy Parker
... ... had something to say in similar circumstances.
... ...
... ... As an example - the first printed book that comes to hand is To Kill A
... ... Mockingbird - found in the local bookstore's "crime" section. The lines
... ... are around 60 chars long.
... As fun as reading a copy of the Reader's Digest...
... Like anyone cares what your opinion of it is !!

I didn't mean "The Mockingbird", but 60 chars per line - it's like watching a tennis
match.

Shorter lines make it easier to speed read though.
--
---
DFM -
Old November 20th, 2006, 08:57 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Default O/T - £10 a month fee for First Direct

Martin schreef:

On 20 Nov 2006 00:34:59 -0800, wrote:

Martin schreef:

wrote:

Martin wrote:

Have you got MacCrap PC problems too?

Eh?

Are you using a PC like David, that can't handle wraparound?

Given I'm using a 4 yo version of agent, and can see everything just
fine, I am seriously not getting just what the probelm is here.

Maybe David can explain, I think the mail reader David and Jeremy use can't
cope with lines over 60 characters.

The problems a

1. MacSoup requires an extra click to re-wrap long lines. I don't use
MacSoup that much, but not for that reason - I just find its splatter
of windows, and non-intuitive keyboard shortcuts a bit irritating.

2. Long lines are simply harder to read. Magda may imagine that her
words of wisdom are so compelling that readers will put up with any
discomfort to drink at her fountain of knowledge, but I respectfully
suggest that this is not the case, and that using a shorter line length
would benefit both herself and her readers.

I can set my own max characters/line length with Agent.

I think Agent is the only software I miss on the Mac. Maybe there's
another one ... hmmm ... let's see .... nope - just Agent.

B;

Old November 20th, 2006, 10:26 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Martin schreef:

On 20 Nov 2006 00:57:39 -0800, wrote:

Martin schreef:

wrote:

Martin wrote:

[...]

Oziexplorer?

Well, veering back onto the topic of European travel, if I were living
in the UK whe
a) there are decent digital mapping packages available - Tracklogs,
Memory Map, Anquet etc, and
b) there are fun things to do outdoors - biking across hills for
example
I would indeed lament that they were only available for Gate$ boxes.

However, in NL that problem doesn't arise.

B;

Old November 20th, 2006, 10:48 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

wrote:

Martin schreef:

[]
Oziexplorer?

Well, veering back onto the topic of European travel, if I were living
in the UK whe
a) there are decent digital mapping packages available - Tracklogs,
Memory Map, Anquet etc, and
b) there are fun things to do outdoors - biking across hills for
example
I would indeed lament that they were only available for Gate$ boxes.

Doesn't your mac run windows?

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
http://www.davidhorne.net/pictures.html http://soundjunction.org
Old November 20th, 2006, 10:51 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the royal duchy of city south and
deansgate schreef:

wrote:

Martin schreef:

[]
Oziexplorer?

Well, veering back onto the topic of European travel, if I were living
in the UK whe
a) there are decent digital mapping packages available - Tracklogs,
Memory Map, Anquet etc, and
b) there are fun things to do outdoors - biking across hills for
example
I would indeed lament that they were only available for Gate$ boxes.

Doesn't your mac run windows?

It does, but I can't bring myself to ask it to :-)

B;

Old November 20th, 2006, 10:55 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

wrote:

David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the royal duchy of city south and
deansgate schreef:

[]
Doesn't your mac run windows?

It does, but I can't bring myself to ask it to :-)

I apologise. That was one of the least sensitive things I've ever
written here!