Prakasai or Pranang Bay resorts Krabi

Old April 8th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Peter Byford

Default Prakasai or Pranang Bay resorts Krabi

Hi folks,

We are planning a round the world in November this year and would like to
spend some time in Bangkok and have decided that Krabi is the best sea
resort to stay for us.

We have been looking at the Krabi resorts and have more or less decided on
either the Prakasai or the Vogue Pranang Resorts. The former looks good but
we are not clear about the "on a hillside". My wife has some arthritis
problems , she can walk reasonably well but a regular climb up a hill to our
room would not be a good idea. The resort suggest it is only a few minutes
from the beach but we are not sure anyone know please?

Also the Vogue Pranang looks good any one been there, any comments about
either please? Or of course if you think there is somewhere better...

Cheers,
Peter

Old April 9th, 2004, 09:26 AM
Jumbo

Hi there,
try those places.
http://www.hotelthailand.com/krabi/rayavadee/index.html
http://www.hotelthailand.com/raileybeach/
just an idea
Jumbo

Old April 15th, 2004, 06:53 AM
David

[...]

Just got back (yesterday) from Tubkaak resort. The best small resort I
have ever stayed in accommodation and service excellent. A bit out the
way, but a gem.
Dave
Old April 22nd, 2004, 06:45 PM
Peter Byford

Hi David,

Thanks for the response.

What did you mean by "out of the way", is out it difficult to get to? It
suggests that it is on the beach.
Regards,
Peter
PS any restaurants you would recommend?

om...

Old April 23rd, 2004, 12:39 PM
David

"Peter Byford" wrote in message ...
Hi David,

Thanks for the response.

What did you mean by "out of the way", is out it difficult to get to? It
suggests that it is on the beach.
Regards,
Peter
PS any restaurants you would recommend?

It is a few miles from civilization, and certainly you could not walk
there from a town.

I paid 400Baht taxi from Krabi airport.

It has its own beach which is quite small but has a lovely views of
the limestone kairsts in the distance as you watch the sun set (it's
west facing)

Its not an action-packed kind of place, and the hotel area itself is
quite small, but beautifully landscaped. I intend going back. Its
ideal for simple luxury RnR.

We ate at the hotel open air restaurant most of time there, so I cant
help you with restaurants I am afraid.

Hope this helps
Dave