Weather in Paris

Old July 14th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Gregory Morrow

Default Weather in Paris

Olivers wrote:

What's the status of private mail & package drops in Europe? I recall
decades ago, when folks who led a sort of transient lifestyle would use a
local tobacco shop as their "mail drop"/forwarding service. In the US, we
have in big cities, large privately owned mail box providers (some of

which
offer forwarding). The "mail drop" was once an effective method of
concealing one's address.

Remember ads for remailing services in old men's mags like _Argosy_ and such
that had addresses like "Drawer 36, Chicago 11, Illinois"...???

--
Best
Greg

Old July 14th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Tim Kroesen

The recipe for both Coke and Pepsi are trade secrets, Kreskin...

Tim K

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Tim Kroesen writes:

Coke doesn't need a slice of Lemon: it's already got the hint of

Lemon
that distinguishes it from Pepsi...

Coke doesn't contain any lemon, as far as I know. Pepsi is the drink
that uses citric acid and thus has a fruitier taste. Coke probably
contains some notes of orange, though.

--
Transpose hotmail and mxsmanic in my e-mail address to reach me

directly.

Old July 15th, 2004, 04:47 AM
Mxsmanic

Tim Kroesen writes:

The recipe for both Coke and Pepsi are trade secrets, Kreskin...

The main ingredients are well known. In fact, the "cola" taste is
primarily vanilla and cinnamon.

Old July 15th, 2004, 04:48 AM
Mxsmanic

Olivers writes:

What's the status of private mail & package drops in Europe?

Increasing, thanks to the Web--but France is thirty years behind, so it
will be a while before things improve in France.

The "mail drop" was once an effective method of
concealing one's address.

One can still have a post-office box--but couriers won't deliver to it.

Old July 15th, 2004, 05:48 PM
Mxsmanic

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) writes:

Because, if people knew what was actually IN them, they wouldn't drink
the stuff?

I doubt that. There's nothing harmful or disagreeable in them.