Packing "revolutionizing" baggage?

Old April 29th, 2005, 10:56 PM
erilar

In article , Peter Ginsberg
wrote:

I have followed the advice at www.onebag.com for years now and find
that I can pack for any trip in about 5 minutes. It's simple. For
example I always bring (including what I'm wearing on the plane or at
any one time) 3 underwear, 3 prs. socks, 3 shirts, 3 pants, 2 - 3 t
shirts, a cashmere sweater (light, compressible, dressy and warm), 2
prs. shoes, something to lounge in when I am back at the apart. or
hotel. I wash out things daily and buy clothes with fabrics that make
this possible yet comfortable (and that I wear at home). Lots of
capilene (underwear, mostly), microfiber and cotton blends. No jeans.
Mostly muted colors that all match with one another. I may bring a
sport coat (I have entered the realm of age - appropriate clothing)
mainly for comfort and versatility than anything else (lots of
pockets). My pack is rarely more than 10 kg. It's usually lighter,
depending on the season.
I've traveled comfortably for weeks on end with only this stuff. Do
you think that it's too much?

Sounds pretty reasonable if your back is happy with it. I take less
because I have an old back AND a tendency to acquire books and booklets
which quickly add to overall weight. I mail them home when they pile up,
but meanwhile I'm hitting 10 kg, which is about my limit. In other
words, I aim for 6-7 kg to start with.

--
Mary Loomer Oliver (aka Erilar)

You can't reason with someone whose first line of argument
is that reason doesn't count. Isaac Asimov

Erilar's Cave Annex: http://www.airstreamcomm.net/~erilarlo

Old April 30th, 2005, 05:27 PM
poldy

In article . com,
" wrote:

I could wash socks, but they aren't a real volume issue. Same
with underwear. T-shirts take too long to dry, especially if
there is some damp weather to begin with. Dress shirts and pants
don't wash in the sink well, and I'd have to drag along an iron.

I don't want to wash every day. Give me washer and dryer or access to
cleaner.