Travel to Europe after Madrid bombings

Old April 2nd, 2004, 04:29 AM
Kai

Default Travel to Europe after Madrid bombings

We had been planning a a family trip to Central Europe and Greece in April.
This incident, as horrific and tragic as it was, really didn't have us
changing our minds. What really made us hesitant however, was the
assasination of the Palestinian leader and the following threats by the new
leadership against Americans.

Sadly, the American government is not held very highly these days (and
probably for good reason), however, I feel from correspondence with those I
have had in planning our vacation (particularly in Greece!), we are more
than welcomed, albeit politics and government aside.

Karen

"Thomas Mulier" wrote in message
om...
After the March 11 bombings in Madrid, are you less likely to travel
to Spain and/or Europe? What's the sense out there?

Old April 2nd, 2004, 03:15 PM
Scott

On 1 Apr 2004 05:53:09 -0800, (Thomas Mulier)
wrote:

After the March 11 bombings in Madrid, are you less likely to travel
to Spain and/or Europe? What's the sense out there?

No effect at all. My family is sticking to our plans, no matter what.
Old April 2nd, 2004, 07:47 PM
The Reid

Following up to Thomas Mulier

After the March 11 bombings in Madrid, are you less likely to travel
to Spain and/or Europe? What's the sense out there?

I think there is a pretty equal risk anywhere populous. If you
want to be safe stay in a desert.
For me I shall go to Spain as usual. There was a theory AQ will
not bomb Spain again, but there seems to be another bomb, could
be ETA of course.
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Old April 2nd, 2004, 07:49 PM
The Reid

Following up to Thomas Peel

I'd be less likely to travel to central London.

as I live in London I can travel happy in the knowledge i'm going
somewhere safe! UK police just caught some more bombers.

If you're worried about getting killed, avoid cars and roads,
much more likely to be killed there.
Old April 2nd, 2004, 10:19 PM
Miguel Cruz

jcoulter wrote:
I was happy to see that our local high school did not cancel (or I will be
happy when they come home in a week!)

I was unhappy to see that someone's local high school did not cancel, and
indeed sat in the rows directly behind me on a transatlantic flight this
morning! Let's scare the kids and then encourage all the quiet
non-seat-kicking people to travel a lot.

miguel
Old April 3rd, 2004, 02:18 PM
Owain

"Miguel Cruz" wrote
| I was unhappy to see that someone's local high school did not
| cancel, and indeed sat in the rows directly behind me on a
| transatlantic flight this morning! Let's scare the kids and
| then encourage all the quiet non-seat-kicking people to travel
| a lot.

It's the quiet non-seat-kicking people who don't draw attention to
themselves who are the dangerous ones.

But yes, it will be nice when I can get a free bus-pass and go on Saga
holidays.

Owain

Old April 4th, 2004, 09:10 AM
The Reids

Following up to Owain

those Saga people keep sending me stuff, the *******s :-(
--
Walk-Photo-Wasdale-Thames- Walk-eat-drink-London "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Eat-walk-Spain "http://www.fell-walker.co.uk" -- dontuse@ all, it's a spamtrap
Old April 5th, 2004, 10:52 AM
Thomas Mulier

Explosives were found on a Spanish railway Friday, and over the
weekend more suspects blew themselves up when the police tried to
arrest them in a Madrid suburb. Spain's Interior Minister said the
arrests prevented other attacks in coming days.

Spain's tourism lobby Exceltur predicts more people will visit the
country this year than last year. Is this realistic? Some people must
be cancelling travel plans...