Help with travel to Kosovo

Old May 5th, 2009, 11:09 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,alt.activism.death-penalty
Donna Evleth[_1_]

Default evleth the happy duh-man

From: "Bill Bonde { No matter what happens, it's caused by global warming )"

Newsgroups: rec.travel.europe,alt.activism.death-penalty
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 02:26:50 +0100
Subject: evleth the happy duh-man

Gregory Morrow wrote:

Bill Bonde wrote:

Earl Evleth wrote:

On 4/05/09 20:50, in article

,
"Gregory Morrow" wrote:

No worries as long as you do not engage in any "fishy" activities,

Dear
scRunge...just so you know.

I check him now and then to find out if I find he is doing something
illegal,

Who checks the checkers?

In Earl's case there is no need, he possesses an honest conscience...

That's good because I thought that this might involve Nixon's dog.

Nixon's dog was a cocker spaniel. We prefer dachshunds.

Donna Evleth

Old May 5th, 2009, 11:22 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,alt.activism.death-penalty
Earl Evleth[_1_]

On 5/05/09 12:09, in article , "Donna
Evleth" wrote:

We prefer dachshunds

uber alles

Old May 5th, 2009, 05:54 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,alt.activism.death-penalty

Earl Evleth wrote:

On 4/05/09 21:52, in article , "Bill Bonde { No
matter what happens, it's caused by global warming )"
wrote:

Who checks the checkers?

The judges.

The procedure is simple. For instance in criminal slander
one makes a complaint to the police who sends the
report to the Procureur of the Republic which decides
if the case needs to be prosecuted. If so, an instruction
judge may be assigned to gather evidence. In that case
the judge calls into his office both the victims and
the accused and asks questions, accumulates an instruction
dossier. The judge then forwards the case back to the
Procureur with either a "drop the case" or "prosecute".

If the thing goes to trial, there is another judge, perhaps
a panel of more than one. Juries are rarely employed in
France, used in murder trials or treason.

So who checks the checkers. Other checkers. It is a huge
game of checkers.

I'll stick with chess.

--
"Question, two men starving to death decide to eat their hair like
spaghetti. Is that funny?"
Old May 5th, 2009, 07:37 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,alt.activism.death-penalty

From: "Bill Bonde { No matter what happens, it's caused by global warming )"

Newsgroups: rec.travel.europe,alt.activism.death-penalty
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 02:26:50 +0100

Gregory Morrow wrote:

Bill Bonde wrote:

Earl Evleth wrote:

On 4/05/09 20:50, in article
,
"Gregory Morrow" wrote:

No worries as long as you do not engage in any "fishy" activities,
Dear
scRunge...just so you know.

I check him now and then to find out if I find he is doing something
illegal,

Who checks the checkers?

In Earl's case there is no need, he possesses an honest conscience...

That's good because I thought that this might involve Nixon's dog.

Nixon's dog was a cocker spaniel. We prefer dachshunds.

The salient point is that his name was "Checkers".

Old May 5th, 2009, 07:39 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,alt.activism.death-penalty

Earl Evleth wrote:

On 5/05/09 12:09, in article , "Donna
Evleth" wrote:

We prefer dachshunds

uber alles

So then it would be "Dachshunden über alles"? Because I don't know
if I could stand that.
Old May 5th, 2009, 08:34 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,alt.activism.death-penalty
Donna Evleth[_1_]

From: "Bill Bonde { No matter what happens, it's caused by global warming )"

Newsgroups: rec.travel.europe,alt.activism.death-penalty
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 19:37:20 +0100

From: "Bill Bonde { No matter what happens, it's caused by global warming )"

Newsgroups: rec.travel.europe,alt.activism.death-penalty
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 02:26:50 +0100

Gregory Morrow wrote:

Bill Bonde wrote:

Earl Evleth wrote:

On 4/05/09 20:50, in article
,
"Gregory Morrow" wrote:

No worries as long as you do not engage in any "fishy" activities,
Dear
scRunge...just so you know.

I check him now and then to find out if I find he is doing something
illegal,

Who checks the checkers?

In Earl's case there is no need, he possesses an honest conscience...

That's good because I thought that this might involve Nixon's dog.

Nixon's dog was a cocker spaniel. We prefer dachshunds.

The salient point is that his name was "Checkers".

Do you really think I didn't get this one? I was trying to be subtle with
my humour, the way you claim you always are. Apparently my subtle humour
went right by you.

Donna Evleth

Old May 6th, 2009, 12:21 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,alt.activism.death-penalty

From: "Bill Bonde { No matter what happens, it's caused by global warming )"

Newsgroups: rec.travel.europe,alt.activism.death-penalty
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 19:37:20 +0100

From: "Bill Bonde { No matter what happens, it's caused by global warming )"

Newsgroups: rec.travel.europe,alt.activism.death-penalty
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 02:26:50 +0100

Gregory Morrow wrote:

Bill Bonde wrote:

Earl Evleth wrote:

On 4/05/09 20:50, in article
,
"Gregory Morrow" wrote:

No worries as long as you do not engage in any "fishy" activities,
Dear
scRunge...just so you know.

I check him now and then to find out if I find he is doing something
illegal,

Who checks the checkers?

In Earl's case there is no need, he possesses an honest conscience...

That's good because I thought that this might involve Nixon's dog.

Nixon's dog was a cocker spaniel. We prefer dachshunds.

The salient point is that his name was "Checkers".

Do you really think I didn't get this one?

I have absolutely no idea what you get or don't get. You claim not
to understand what I think are obvious references. What references
should I assume you get?

I was trying to be subtle with
my humour, the way you claim you always are. Apparently my subtle humour
went right by you.

I don't oppose you doing subtle humour. But you'll have to excuse
me or anyone else if we don't get it. 'Dachshund' means "badger
dog" in German. So you prefer to badger me? Is that funny? Is
eating hair like its spaghetti?

In the past you've said, I recall, that you kept dachshunds as
pets. So I'm not sure where the joke is when you just stated
something that I'm pretty sure is literally true. I happen to think
that cocker spaniels are cool, but everyone has his own opinion.

Old May 6th, 2009, 12:58 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_2_]

Default Help with travel to Kosovo

tim..... schrieb:
My next long shot question :-)

I'm off to Belgrade next week and am trying to include a trip to Kosovo into
the schedule.

What I've discovered so far is:

1) No-one will let me take a hire car into Kosovo. I don't think there's
anywhere suitable to just park up at the border and walk over.

As Serbia does not recognize the existence of Kosovo, I'm not really
surprised. I hate to think what the Kosovo Albanians might do to a car
with Serbian number plates.

2) There are three buses a day from Belgrade to Pristina, but two are
"overnight", with a not particularly useful arrival of before 04:00 and the
third arrives at 17:30 meaning that I will have to have pre-booked
accommodation. (from http://www.bas.co.rs/)

3) It's theoretically possible to travel via Skopje, from whence there is a
more useful bus schedule, but if you then go back to Skopje, FCO advice says
that Serbia border guards on the SRB-MK border don't let you in if you have
a Kosovo stamp in your passport for this border crossing. Other sources say
that this doesn't happen any more, but as I'm flying back from Belgrade I'm
not sure that I can take the risk. (Note that everybody agrees that you
can't go SRE-Skopje-Pristina-SRE or v.v.)

4) There is (apparently) a bus from Nis, but I can't find the timetable.

Does anybody have anything that they can add to this?

TIA

tim

You can fly to Pristina directly from Germany with Germanwings. As
Serbia does not recognize Kosovo as an indepedent state and forbids
overflights, the flights come in from over Albania, but as a passenger
you won't notice.

T.