Taxi vs Shuttle from CharlesDeGaulle to Paris?

Old May 6th, 2009, 03:02 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Debra Clark

Default Taxi vs Shuttle from CharlesDeGaulle to Paris?

Which is cheaper for 4 people? Thanks.
Debra

Old May 6th, 2009, 03:20 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
irwell

On Tue, 5 May 2009 22:02:30 -0400, Debra Clark wrote:

Which is cheaper for 4 people? Thanks.
Debra

Maybe the shuttle, but the taxi will be a lot more
convenient.
Old May 6th, 2009, 03:52 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hatunen

On Tue, 5 May 2009 19:20:34 -0700, Irwell wrote:

On Tue, 5 May 2009 22:02:30 -0400, Debra Clark wrote:

Which is cheaper for 4 people? Thanks.
Debra

Maybe the shuttle, but the taxi will be a lot more
convenient.

How does four RER fares compare?

Old May 6th, 2009, 04:24 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Bennetts

"Debra Clark" wrote in message
Which is cheaper for 4 people? Thanks.
Debra

If you're looking at cheaper, no doubt shuttle would be the way to go. A
metered taxi can be costly if you get stuck in heavy traffic, and will cost
more if you have to go to the south of Paris.
Whilst four of you might fit in the one taxi in some cities in the world,
European taxis are somewhat more compact and four of you + luggage will be
unlikely to fit.

If you're going to/from the north of Paris at a quiet period of day I'd go
for a taxi for the convenience factor, I've had too many experiences
worldwide with shuttles not turning up and taking unwanted diversions to
pick up and drop off other passengers.

Regards

David Bennetts

Old May 6th, 2009, 08:27 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Keith Willshaw[_4_]

"Debra Clark" wrote in message
Which is cheaper for 4 people? Thanks.
Debra

The most reliable option and the fastest if there is any
traffic is the RER rail link. I'd avoid taxis they can be VERY
expensive if you get stuck in traffic.

The RER fare is around 8 euros per person, shuttle
will cost 20-25 euros per person , a cab will cost
anything from 50 euros up. If you opt for the RER
the Paris Visite card for zone 1-6 is valid on that route and
gives you unlimited travel on the Metro , RER buses
and trams

http://www.ratp.info/touristes/index...e=presentation

Keith

Old May 6th, 2009, 12:29 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_2_]

David Bennetts schrieb:
"Debra Clark" wrote in message
Which is cheaper for 4 people? Thanks.
Debra

If you're looking at cheaper, no doubt shuttle would be the way to go. A
metered taxi can be costly if you get stuck in heavy traffic, and will cost
more if you have to go to the south of Paris.
Whilst four of you might fit in the one taxi in some cities in the world,
European taxis are somewhat more compact and four of you + luggage will be
unlikely to fit.

There are plenty of big vehicles like the Citroen C8 and the Renault Espace.

Old May 6th, 2009, 03:09 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

On May 6, 12:27*am, "Keith Willshaw"
wrote:
The RER fare is around 8 euros per person,

The RER fare also includes access to the Métro, so it talkes you as
close to your destination as the nearest Métro station. You can also
purchase your RER ticket back to CDG at any Métro station (well, it
was true at Ëcole Militaire, and I just assume it is also true at all
of the other stations, with the possible exception of Gare du Nord,
where Métro access is superfluous).