Weather in Paris

Old July 10th, 2004, 01:58 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default Weather in Paris

Mxsmanic wrote:

Donna Evleth writes:

You're not the first to express this view. The problem is that if you have
kids you are tied to the school vacation periods, the longest of which is in
the summer, and the weather is best in July and August. Outdoor activities
are simply not as pleasant when it's pouring rain.

Americans and other Europeans have the same constraints, and yet they
manage to take vacation at other times of the year besides July and
August.

Ummm.... Not unless they leave the kids at home! (However, I have the
impression you are not one of those who would enjoy a "family vacation"
much, so perhaps for you, that seems a viable option.)

Old July 10th, 2004, 06:54 AM
Mike Jacoubowsky

You Yurpeons never heard of *iced* tea...!!!???

Europeans have not discovered that ice can be _made_, and is not just a
accident of weather.

They might also discover that "ice tea" can be made without adding peche
(peach) as a flavoring...

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old July 10th, 2004, 09:04 AM
JX Bardant

"Mxsmanic" a écrit dans le message de
Gregory Morrow writes:

You Yurpeons never heard of *iced* tea...!!!???

Europeans have not discovered that ice can be _made_, and is not just a
accident of weather.

You can, order it from Internet. I'm sure Jeremy has got some addresses in
UK.

Old July 10th, 2004, 09:05 AM
Mxsmanic

Mike Jacoubowsky writes:

They might also discover that "ice tea" can be made without adding peche
(peach) as a flavoring...

No sooner than they discover that Coca-Cola can be served in restaurants
and bars on ice and _without_ a slice of lemon.

Old July 10th, 2004, 09:06 AM
Mxsmanic

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) writes:

From all reports, that might make a pleasant change from the past two
summers!

More like the past ten summers. Exceptional heat waves are becoming the
rule.

Old July 10th, 2004, 10:28 AM
Jeremy Henderson

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 15:39:01 +0100, David Horne wrote:

Mxsmanic wrote:

Donna Evleth writes:

You're not the first to express this view. The problem is that if you have
kids you are tied to the school vacation periods, the longest of which is in
the summer, and the weather is best in July and August. Outdoor activities
are simply not as pleasant when it's pouring rain.

Americans and other Europeans have the same constraints, and yet they
manage to take vacation at other times of the year besides July and
August.

Most of them do take their holidays in July and August though- that's
why it's _peak_ season, after all.

Well, I think it's unbelievably stupid, and typically French, for most
people to take their holidays at the very time when most people are taking
their holidays.

Of course they don't have that problem because people don't have holidays[*]

J;
[*] When I started work in the US I was told that I was entitled to 10
days annual leave per full calendar year, and, as I started in February, I
was not entitled to any leave for that year. However, my employer told me
that they would be generous and allow me to BORROW five days from the
folowing year. Of course with the benefit of age and experience I now know
that I shold have told them to take their job and shove it, but being a
callow youth I kept my mouth shut and had 5 days a year vacation for the
first two years I worked.

--
Encrypted e-mail address. Click to mail me:
http://cerbermail.com/?nKYh3qN4YG

Old July 10th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Jeremy Henderson

Gregory Morrow writes:

You Yurpeons never heard of *iced* tea...!!!???

Europeans have not discovered that ice can be _made_, and is not just a
accident of weather.

You can, order it from Internet. I'm sure Jeremy has got some addresses in
UK.

;-)

What's the chances of La Poste delivering it before it melts? Better idea
to wait for Hell to freeze over.

J;