drinking water quality in Germany?

Old August 4th, 2004, 05:15 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default drinking water quality in Germany?

Nils Zonneveld wrote:

Joe Schmoe wrote:

Can anyone comment on whether the drinking water in southern Germany
is very pure, and are there companies there that deliver purified or
distilled water to residential homes?

Why would you want to drink distilled water?

He needs it for his portable steam-iron? (I think it's just another
troll - please do not feed.)

Nils

Old August 4th, 2004, 05:17 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

jcoulter wrote:

Joe Schmoe wrote in
:

Can anyone comment on whether the drinking water in southern Germany
is very pure, and are there companies there that deliver purified or
distilled water to residential homes?

Basic answer is that the water quality in Europe is equal to or better
(many say better) than that available in the US

Certainly better than many places in Los Angeles! (I know ienna's water
is piped in from mountain springs - I think that may be true of many
locations in Europe.)

Old August 4th, 2004, 05:17 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

jcoulter wrote:

Joe Schmoe wrote in
:

Old August 4th, 2004, 05:17 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

jcoulter wrote:

Joe Schmoe wrote in
:

Old August 4th, 2004, 06:33 PM
poldy

In article ,
"Martin Stock" wrote:

distilled water??? H2O
Are your sure. Only available for technical purposes. Cannot be found in in
the food department.
Dangerous to drink as the body will loose important minerals. Even for
adults.
Thus as long it's not written on the milk-formula that it should be made
with distilled water: don't use it

I have a distiller and I've been drinking it for years. Isn't food the
source of nutrients?

Old August 4th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Hatunen

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 09:14:43 -0700,
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Joe Schmoe wrote:

Can anyone comment on whether the drinking water in southern Germany
is very pure, and are there companies there that deliver purified or
distilled water to residential homes?

Huh? Use your brain - Germany is NOT exactly a "third world" country!
The rest of the world does not share our American obsession with
"designer" water, and SFAIK tap water in most of Western Europe is
probably more potable than our own.

Eh? "American obsession"? It's Europe that has the bottled water
onsession. If you want tap water in a restaurant you have to make
it clear that's what you want or you'll end up with a pricey
bottle of Evian or Perrier on your table. In the USA if you ask
for water in a restaurant you'll get tap water unless you make it
clear you want bottled water.

I admit the USA may have more brnds of bottled water, though.