Sanguineto (Agriturismo near Montepulciano)

Old September 24th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Holly J. Sommer

Default Sanguineto (Agriturismo near Montepulciano)

Anyone here stayed at this agriturismo? It looks lovely -- though granted,
all the photos are during the verdant seasons, and I'm looking to book
between Christmas and New Year's -- but I'd like some feedback from those
who've been there. Or if not there, at least in the area (especially if
you've been there during that end-of-the-year timeframe).

Thanks!

-Holly

Old September 26th, 2005, 12:00 AM
Neil Gillis

"Holly J. Sommer" wrote in message
Anyone here stayed at this agriturismo? It looks lovely -- though granted,
all the photos are during the verdant seasons, and I'm looking to book
between Christmas and New Year's -- but I'd like some feedback from those
who've been there. Or if not there, at least in the area (especially if
you've been there during that end-of-the-year timeframe).

Thanks!

-Holly

Would suggest visiting slowtrav.com and look for reviews of
accomodations.

Neil

Old September 26th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Holly Sommer

Neil Gillis wrote:
"Holly J. Sommer" wrote in message
Anyone here stayed at this agriturismo? It looks lovely -- though granted,
all the photos are during the verdant seasons, and I'm looking to book
between Christmas and New Year's -- but I'd like some feedback from those
who've been there. Or if not there, at least in the area (especially if
you've been there during that end-of-the-year timeframe).

Thanks!

-Holly

Would suggest visiting slowtrav.com and look for reviews of
accomodations.

Neil

None to be found there for the Sanguineto farmhouse. I'm hoping to get
comments on this newsgroup. Thanks!

-Holly
Old September 26th, 2005, 05:04 PM
B Vaughan

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 10:46:41 -0500, Holly Sommer
wrote:

None to be found there for the Sanguineto farmhouse. I'm hoping to get
comments on this newsgroup. Thanks!

Sanguineto is the name of a small village. Is there a more specific
name for the agriturismo?

By the way, it is said that the village gets its name from the bloody
battle of Lake Trasimeno, fought nearby, where Hannibal inflicted a
terrible defeat on the Roman general whasissname.

There are other villages along the lake with names that derive from
this battle.
--
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it
Old September 26th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Holly Sommer

wrote:

None to be found there for the Sanguineto farmhouse. I'm hoping to get
comments on this newsgroup. Thanks!

Sanguineto is the name of a small village. Is there a more specific
name for the agriturismo?

It's just called Agriturismo Sanguineto. It's near Montepulciano, in the
Vino Nobile area (though not in the town of Sanguineto). www.sanguineto.it

By the way, it is said that the village gets its name from the bloody
battle of Lake Trasimeno, fought nearby, where Hannibal inflicted a
terrible defeat on the Roman general whasissname.

Yup, I've read that. Bloodbath. I think the area is Etruscan-era, too.
Perhaps.

-Holly
Old September 26th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Bill Steltzer

The village of Sanguineto near Trasimeno is not very close to
Montepulciano. We just returned from 3 weeks a stone's throw from
Sanguineto -- and it takes a good 45 minutes to drive across the valley
to Montepulciano. Sorry, I don't have information on the villa you're
looking at. We've stayed several times in villas we rent from a Dutch
woman - at La Navicella - www.lanavicella.nl - all her villas oare on
the north side of Lake Trasimeno - Umbria - but just a few km. from
Cortona. Good rates - much better than companies advertising to the USA
market.

Old September 26th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Holly Sommer

Bill Steltzer wrote:
The village of Sanguineto near Trasimeno is not very close to
Montepulciano. We just returned from 3 weeks a stone's throw from
Sanguineto -- and it takes a good 45 minutes to drive across the valley
to Montepulciano. Sorry, I don't have information on the villa you're
looking at. We've stayed several times in villas we rent from a Dutch
woman - at La Navicella - www.lanavicella.nl - all her villas oare on
the north side of Lake Trasimeno - Umbria - but just a few km. from
Cortona. Good rates - much better than companies advertising to the USA
market.

Thanks, I will take a look at La Navicella as well. I wasn't looking for
info about the village, though... just the agriturismo

-HOlly