Teaching english in Europe with no degree but TEFL certificate?

Old January 15th, 2006, 02:45 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Teaching english in Europe with no degree but TEFLcertificate?

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 12:04:40 +0100, Mxsmanic
wrote:

David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and
prestwich tesco 24h offy writes:

WTF is this 'reliable source?' It's well documented.

I haven't seen documentation. The reliable source is a person I know
who spent years engaged in this sort of activity.

What is your opinion of this person?
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old January 15th, 2006, 02:46 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 14:32:21 +0100, Mxsmanic
wrote:

DDT Filled Mormons writes:

What better way is there to spend a life?

This is the attitude that mystifies me. It seems to be symptomatic of
a general fascination with drug abuse that afflicts certain
personality types. They prefer to sleep through their entire lives on
drugs rather than enjoy reality while they can.

You didn't answer the question though (it wasn't rhetorical). What
better way is there to spend life?
--
---
Old January 15th, 2006, 02:59 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 14:33:15 +0100, Mxsmanic
wrote:

DDT Filled Mormons writes:

In general the culture of binge drinking in Australia has been
replaced by the use of other drugs. Possibly this is not such a bad
thing, as booze is a pretty crude drug.

They could always set a new trend and try life without drugs.

People do that. It's called "straight edge", and it's really lame.
Just demonstrates ones lack of self control to the point where total
abstinence is the only option for them.
--
---
Old January 15th, 2006, 03:01 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 14:31:23 +0100, Mxsmanic
wrote:

David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and
prestwich tesco 24h offy writes:

What would you call someone who spends their life drunk, or closely
approaching that state? Someone 'who likes a drink?'

Potentially, yes. Spending a lot of time drunk is not necessarily
alcoholism; there are other criteria to consider.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like what?!?!?!????
--
---
Old January 15th, 2006, 03:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 14:10:55 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 12:06:25 +0100, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Martin writes:

but not in the same incarnation, usually.

Yes, but the experiences are cumulative.

So how come you are a virgin?

Please, please, don't go there! I beg you.
--
---
Old January 15th, 2006, 03:03 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 14:34:34 +0100, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Martin writes:

So how come you are a virgin?

A number of reasons, the most important being that the opposite sex
does not find me physically attractive.

That coupled with your shyness and poor people skills presumably.
--
---
Old January 15th, 2006, 03:12 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Martin wrote:

wrote:

David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and
prestwich tesco 24h offy writes:

What would you call someone who spends their life drunk, or closely
approaching that state? Someone 'who likes a drink?'

Potentially, yes. Spending a lot of time drunk is not necessarily
alcoholism; there are other criteria to consider.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like what?!?!?!????

Whether they can do without booze for a significant length of time.

Not necessarily. I know alcoholics who haven't touched a drop for years-
they still consider themselves alcoholics.

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
http://homepage.mac.com/davidhornecomposer http://soundjunction.org
Old January 15th, 2006, 03:14 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default There is something wrong with American drinking water

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 14:59:23 +0200, "Markku Grönroos"
wrote:

"Mxsmanic" kirjoitti
viestissä:gvdks1lc771fcrjkqo6m3qtcfsqto1u4sp@4ax. com...
DDT Filled Mormons writes:

They are not constantly drunk, but they like to end the day with a
drink or three. Where is the problem with that?

I don't know that it is a problem, but it seems deadly dull. What a
way to spend a life.

So alcoholics are only alcoholics because they are sex-addicts?

Who mentioned alcoholics?

Why don't you hebe faggot just vanish from rte. You obviously have little to
say about travelling in Europe and yet you post this filth into the group
with high frequency. Go and disturb folks in American travel groups instead.

Get some sun and lay off the booze for an hour or two.
--
---
Old January 15th, 2006, 03:15 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Earl Evleth writes:

The doctors I have encountered recommend vigorous walking as opposed
to strolling. A common formula is 10,000 steps a day. which is about
5 km, that is about an hour's walk.

Before I had to waste many hours each day trying to pay the rent, I
typically walked an _average_ of 15-18 km per day, over a period of
three hours, so it was moderately brisk. The most I've walked in a
day is about 32-34 km, I think, over a period of six to ten hours.

In my case, 32 km is 45,714 steps.

These days I'm lucky if I walk five kilometres in a week.

We each have podometers for measuring
the step, which can be purchased at au-Vieux-Campeur on the rue des Ecoles
in the 5th.

I've gone through several over the years. They seem to break after a
while.

Good hiking boots are important, too--or at least some sort of shoe
that you can walk in for kilometres at a time.

Before I found good shoes, problems with shoes were the greatest
limitation on walking. These days, the usual limitation is
uncomfortable clothing; everything has to be just right, or you'll
eventually end up rubbing something raw after a dozen kilometres or
so. Bad shoes or bad clothing can produce blisters in just a few
kilometres.