London Hotel?

Old October 13th, 2006, 07:35 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
irwell

Default London Hotel?

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 17:08:11 GMT, "Frank F. Matthews"
wrote:

irwell wrote:

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 09:07:03 +0100, "Ian F."
wrote:

"irwell" wrote in message

Meets the OPs requirements, what was your problem with it?

I assure you it *won't* meet the OP's requirements once he gets there!
It's a toilet, and I'd rather guide visitors to my city to somewhere
they'll be happy rather than to a pigsty.

In my post I gave a link to the Trip Advisor site so he can make his own
mind up from the reviews there.

Ian

But in the link you posted more people found it
agood hotel than otherwise. For the record have you stayed there?
If so, what did you find wrong?

I suspect that he doesn't like that it is a relatively inexpensive hotel
with the resulting environment. A more expensive place is more to the
liking of some folks. And possibly can be attained for a comparable
price with some luck and good shopping.

Probably so, though more expensive does not always translate into
good value. The OP did not really indicate his price range, but he did
indicate he liked big hotels, a safe area, near shops and restaurants'
The Tavistock Group located in the Bloomsbury area fulfills all the
above criteria.
Old October 13th, 2006, 07:36 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ian F.

"irwell" wrote in message

Sorry but it is not a dump, not the Hilton, but not a dump either!

Each to his own.

Ian

Old October 13th, 2006, 10:00 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
irwell

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 19:36:59 +0100, "Ian F."
wrote:

"irwell" wrote in message
.. .

Sorry but it is not a dump, not the Hilton, but not a dump either!

Each to his own.

Ian

Exactly, without trying to sound like a travel snob, in recent
years we have stopped at the Paddington Hilton, The Radisson
at Heathrow, and Le Meridien at Gatwick, these are all better\hotels
especially if you can get a bargain rate!
Old October 16th, 2006, 09:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

In article ,

*From:* "Ian F."
*Date:* Thu, 12 Oct 2006 17:10:49 +0100

"irwell" wrote in message

http://www.imperialhotels.co.uk/tavistock.htm

That's a dreadful hotel - please don't stay there!

It's better than the others in the Imperial stable, though that's not
saying a whole lot.
Old October 16th, 2006, 11:13 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ian F.

wrote in message

The St. Giles, a similar distance in the opposite
direction, is also a reasonably-priced central hotel (with a swimming
pool, which is rare).

Which is actually in the YMCA, which is under the hotel.

Ian

Old October 18th, 2006, 03:54 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hotel mofo

Ian F. wrote:
wrote in message

The St. Giles, a similar distance in the opposite
direction, is also a reasonably-priced central hotel (with a swimming
pool, which is rare).

Which is actually in the YMCA, which is under the hotel.

Ian

I don't know why you don't use laterooms.com. There's a postcode search
facility but also a London tube station search facility, with mile
indicators - so you know how close an hotel is to a tube station. With
the map showing location too it gives you plenty of info, very useful
when arranging meetings or planning. Discounted rates can be good too
:-)

Old October 18th, 2006, 04:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ian F.

"Hotel mofo" wrote in message
ups.com...

Ian F. wrote:
Which is actually in the YMCA, which is under the hotel.

Ian

I don't know why you don't use laterooms.com.

I don't use it because I live in London. ;-) You replied to the wrong
post. ;-)

I can heartily recommend it, though, to the OP.

Ian

Old October 18th, 2006, 04:11 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ian F.

"Ian F." wrote in message

"Hotel mofo" wrote in message
ups.com...

I can heartily recommend it, though, to the OP.

As doubtless you can too, Duncan - I've just noticed you work for them!

Dear boy, this newsgroup, along with most of Usenet, does not accept
advertising!

Ian