NCL Sun Info

Old March 20th, 2004, 09:42 PM
Patsy

Default NCL Sun Info

Old March 20th, 2004, 10:37 PM
Rusty

Patsy wrote:
We are thinking of taking a 16 dayPanama Canal Cruise on the Norwegian
Sun ship. Since this is a long cruise we'd like some input on the ship.
Thank You!

We are sailing on the Norwegian Sun on April 11 and doing the 16 day
Panama Cruise. We will let you know about it on our return. Rusty

Old March 21st, 2004, 11:04 AM
nan

..We were on the Norwegian Sun and sorry but we did not like the
ship,service and the food was horrible.We have 30+ cruise done and
that was a bad one.We onlyhave had a few bad cruises--3 maybe but that
was bad.
I am not particular or fussy on food but walked out on a few
meal--just horrible.Its bad wehn your mac n cheese on the day you
return home is better than the cruise food.
We had a mini suite--it was nice--but broken glass in liquor
bar(broken when we boarded) needed repair.

Old March 21st, 2004, 12:15 PM
Mike Quint

Nan
I liked the ship, she was just the right size for us. The food could have
been a lot better, but it wasn't bad. I agree with you on the service. One
of the reasons that I don't like "Freestyle" dining is that the tip
incentive is gone. We found a very nice waiter that we liked, and tried to
get his table every night. Mali from Bali So did a lot of others and by
the end of our cruise, you couldn't get a seat at any of his tables without
a wait. The downside is there are many other waiters that do not do as well.
On a formal night we had plans right after dinner, our favorite dining room
was not formal, and we wanted to dress so we ate in the other main room. We
told the waiter that we had plans at 8:00 and arrived at 6:15. She was so
slow, never refilled our bread basket, I asked once and she forgot asked a
second time and wasn't done. Finally at 7:55 we left without dessert. She
saw us leave and said but you didn't order dessert yet, and I told her that
we would have liked dessert but since the service was so slow, we didn't
have time. Kathryn got mad at me for making her feel bad, so our evening got
off to a rocky start. Downside everyone splits the tips, but I did give Mali
something extra on the last night. We also had a penthouse with a butler,
Having never had one before I wasn't sure what came with his service and
there is no card or letter explaining what he did, I know he would fill our
fresh fruit and bring us canapés once in awhile. What I did not know until
the end was that he would have served us in our suite, if we had only asked,
this was not NCL's fault but ours for not knowing I guess.

One thing I really liked about this cruise was for a flat fee of $199 you
could get every picture that the ships photographers took. We had 4 in our
suite,( first time in 35+ years that Kathryn and her two sisters where all
together) so we got the package. The photographers went out of their way to
take your picture as well. Just on Formal night alone, there was a shot of
Kathryn and me, the four of us, and the three sisters, two shots for each
pose and 5 different backgrounds that is 30 8 X 10's now add in all the
others like the boarding, the dining room, the pirates etc and the
photographers always took our shots at the other events. We ended up with
over 60 pictures. not a bad deal.
Mike