Impressions on RCI's Oasis class, please.

Old July 20th, 2013, 09:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
AGW[_6_]

Default Impressions on RCI's Oasis class, please.

Hi, all.

We are a 49-year-old paraplegic male (fairly agile, manual wheelchair) and his able-bodied father, aged 78, and we're both Emerald with RCI. We're considering a single seven-day cruise (direction irrevelant, as we've cruised the Caribbean before with both Princess and RCI), but might consider a back-to-back, given that we've heard that the ship is a destination in and of itself. Any comments as to length of cruise (7 days or 14) and impressions of the ship would be appreciated. TIA.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 11:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Observant Lurker

On Jul 20 2013 5:30 PM, AGW wrote:

Hi, all.

We are a 49-year-old paraplegic male (fairly agile, manual wheelchair) and

his able-bodied father,
aged 78, and we're both Emerald with RCI. We're considering a single

seven-day cruise (direction
irrevelant, as we've cruised the Caribbean before with both Princess and

RCI), but might consider a
back-to-back, given that we've heard that the ship is a destination in and

of itself. Any comments
as to length of cruise (7 days or 14) and impressions of the ship would be

appreciated. TIA.

There is no one around to answer your question.
Everyone took off for a cruise out of Miami and won't be back until August
2nd.
Check back at that time.
Fred

Old July 23rd, 2013, 01:28 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , AGW
wrote:

We are a 49-year-old paraplegic male (fairly agile, manual wheelchair) and
his able-bodied father, aged 78, and we're both Emerald with RCI. We're
considering a single seven-day cruise (direction irrevelant, as we've cruised
the Caribbean before with both Princess and RCI), but might consider a
back-to-back, given that we've heard that the ship is a destination in and of
itself. Any comments as to length of cruise (7 days or 14) and impressions
of the ship would be appreciated. TIA.

The Oasis class ships are good for back to back cruises. There is
plenty to do. Entertainment is the strong point. The weak point is that
you hardly feel you are at sea. I have been on three times and decided
that is not really my cup of tea. Yes, the ship is the destination.

--
Charles