Carnival Liberty

Old September 22nd, 2008, 12:02 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Default Carnival Liberty

Are they doing anything to the "LIBERTY"? They have a very
good cruise in 2009 for 14 days for $749.00 but would not like it if
they take away all the nice places we found to relax on the deck.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old September 22nd, 2008, 05:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 9/21/2008 7:02 PM Surfer E2468 did a "happy dance", then made these
writings:
Are they doing anything to the "LIBERTY"? They have a very
good cruise in 2009 for 14 days for $749.00 but would not like it if
they take away all the nice places we found to relax on the deck.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

.

I don't know. Does "If it ain't broke, don't fix it.", apply to cruise
ships?

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old October 12th, 2008, 07:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
*muz*

"Brian K" wrote in message m...
: On 9/21/2008 7:02 PM Surfer E2468 did a "happy dance", then made these
: writings:
: Are they doing anything to the "LIBERTY"? They have a very
: good cruise in 2009 for 14 days for $749.00 but would not like it if
: they take away all the nice places we found to relax on the deck.
: cruise lover(~~~~~)

: I don't know. Does "If it ain't broke, don't fix it.", apply to cruise
: ships?

: Brian M. Kochera
: "The poor dog is the firmest friend, the first to welcome the foremost to defend" - Lord Byron
: http://home.earthlink.net/~brian1951

Liberty is currently in dry dock, until Oct 19, 2008.
The 2 new 750-sq ft Penthouse Suites will be located on Deck 9, forward; at this point, cruise line spokespersons are unable to tell
us what exactly they're replacing.

From Cruise Critic News, Oct 3, 2008:

Balconies will be added to 18 of its cabins. For the up-market Fun Ship crowd, Carnival Liberty's getting two huge new Penthouse
Suites. Each will accommodate five people and feature a living area with a sofa bed, a separate bedroom, a balcony and two full
bathrooms -- including one with a tub. At 750 square ft., Liberty's Penthouse Suites will become by far the largest cabins in the
fleet. The current largest are the 430-square-ft. Penthouse Suites found on several ships. The new suites will be located on Deck 9,
forward; at this point, cruise line spokespersons are unable to tell us what exactly they're replacing.

For all three ships, the balconies are being added to cabins that currently feature floor-to-ceiling windows; cabins will be 230
square ft. (including balcony). Carnival's standard cabins are already some of the most spacious in the industry.

Routine maintenance -- including new carpeting and upholstery, as well as more technical updates -- is also part of the dry-dock
program for all three. Most cruise ships head into dry-dock every two years.

--by Dan Askin, Assistant Editor