What other languages

Old January 23rd, 2006, 04:11 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default What other languages

I still keeping a list. I want to know what other languages people who
regularly post here speak. I am reposting becase it was a weekend so many
regulars may be off. Please post again if you haven't already.

Me: German, Spanish.

Lava

Old January 23rd, 2006, 04:13 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Lava wrote:

I still keeping a list. I want to know what other languages people who
regularly post here speak. I am reposting becase it was a weekend so many
regulars may be off. Please post again if you haven't already.

Be patient, Lava- people are still replying to your first post!

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
http://homepage.mac.com/davidhornecomposer http://soundjunction.org
Old January 23rd, 2006, 04:24 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Lava wrote:
Please post again if you
haven't already.

How can somebody post again if they haven't already?

Old January 23rd, 2006, 04:31 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 Lava wrote:
I still keeping a list. I want to know what other languages people who
regularly post here speak. I am reposting becase it was a weekend so many
regulars may be off. Please post again if you haven't already.

Me: German, Spanish.

French, Arabic, Vietnamese and Thai (basic), plus C++, VB, Java *cough*

--

fiddlewidawiddum
Old January 23rd, 2006, 05:03 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

"Stimp" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 Lava wrote:
I still keeping a list. I want to know what other languages people who
regularly post here speak. I am reposting becase it was a weekend so
many
regulars may be off. Please post again if you haven't already.

Me: German, Spanish.

French, Arabic, Vietnamese and Thai (basic), plus C++, VB, Java *cough*

In that case, I omitted Fortran, Pascal, Cobol, BASIC (several dialects),
VB, and HTML from my original listing.

Colin Bignell

Old January 23rd, 2006, 05:12 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

"nightjar" nightjar@insert my surname here wrote:

"Stimp" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 Lava wrote:
I still keeping a list. I want to know what other languages people who
regularly post here speak. I am reposting becase it was a weekend so
many
regulars may be off. Please post again if you haven't already.

Me: German, Spanish.

French, Arabic, Vietnamese and Thai (basic), plus C++, VB, Java *cough*

In that case, I omitted Fortran, Pascal, Cobol, BASIC (several dialects),
VB, and HTML from my original listing.

Oh, that reminds me, I'm fluent in 4 clefs, and can read another 3!

Old January 23rd, 2006, 05:30 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Lava wrote:

I still keeping a list. I want to know what other languages people who
regularly post here speak.

Well, I'm a native italian, and use english regularly for my job
(astrophysics). I have studied german and russian, but seldom used it,
and definitely do not speak them fluently. I have never studied french
and spanish but can easily read them (not necessarily understand spoken
language, and generally do not dare to speak them ... although I trained
chilean operators to use a laser cutting machine in a mixture of
italian, english and pseudospanish).

is a newsreading account used by more persons to
Old January 23rd, 2006, 05:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 17:03:17 -0000, "nightjar" nightjar@insert my
surname here.uk.com wrote:

"Stimp" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 Lava wrote:
I still keeping a list. I want to know what other languages people who
regularly post here speak. I am reposting becase it was a weekend so
many
regulars may be off. Please post again if you haven't already.

Me: German, Spanish.

French, Arabic, Vietnamese and Thai (basic), plus C++, VB, Java *cough*

In that case, I omitted Fortran, Pascal, Cobol, BASIC (several dialects),
VB, and HTML from my original listing.

Ditto, also awk, gawk, and I think I'm getting laryngitis.
--
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it

Old January 23rd, 2006, 06:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

"nightjar .uk.com" nightjar@insert my surname here wrote in message

"Stimp" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 Lava wrote:
I still keeping a list. I want to know what other languages people who
regularly post here speak. I am reposting becase it was a weekend so
many
regulars may be off. Please post again if you haven't already.

Me: German, Spanish.

French, Arabic, Vietnamese and Thai (basic), plus C++, VB, Java *cough*

In that case, I omitted Fortran, Pascal, Cobol, BASIC (several dialects),
VB, and HTML from my original listing.

Isn't VB a Basic dialect?