Las Vegas and pre-teens.

Old October 8th, 2003, 05:10 AM
James T. Kirk

Default Las Vegas and pre-teens.

We are thinking of touring the Grand Canyon and some of the
National Parks next summer by renting a Van in Las Vegas.
We are thinking of staying in Las Vegas for two nights
Three adults and two girls 10 and 12.
None of us are much into gambling. Could some one give me
some hints what sites or attractions there are in Las Vegas to
keep the kids busy.

TIA
JTK

Old October 8th, 2003, 05:57 PM
Peter L

"James T. Kirk" wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
We are thinking of touring the Grand Canyon and some of the
National Parks next summer by renting a Van in Las Vegas.
We are thinking of staying in Las Vegas for two nights
Three adults and two girls 10 and 12.
None of us are much into gambling. Could some one give me
some hints what sites or attractions there are in Las Vegas to
keep the kids busy.

You don't really need to be into gambling to visit the various hotels along
the Strip. There are free shows outside (dancing fountain, pirates, etc.).
Several hotels are worth a visit (NY NY, Paris, Venice, etc.). Your kids
will have a fine time just walking the Strip and doing some window shopping.
TIA
JTK

Old October 8th, 2003, 06:33 PM
brenda

"James T. Kirk" wrote in message . cable.rogers.com...
We are thinking of touring the Grand Canyon and some of the
National Parks next summer by renting a Van in Las Vegas.
We are thinking of staying in Las Vegas for two nights
Three adults and two girls 10 and 12.
None of us are much into gambling. Could some one give me
some hints what sites or attractions there are in Las Vegas to
keep the kids busy.

TIA
JTK

Just spent Sat night there with an 11 year old & a 13 year old girl
for her birthday. They had a great time. We stayed at Paris Las
Vegas & had 2 rooms overlooking their pool, Eiffel Tower, the Bellagio
Fountains & mountains beyond - just gorgeous! The girls shopped til
they dropped - loved the Desert Passage & Sephora. Went to the Wax
Museum, saw the David Copperfield show, bought crepes, walked around
the Venetian & the Forum Shops, had dinner at Mon Ami Gabi (very good,
but next time I'd try the Eiffel Tower restaurant for novelty). We
weren't there all that long, but there's New York New York & roller
coaster rides, etc. Tons to do - you won't be bored.
Old October 8th, 2003, 06:55 PM
F. D. Lewis

"James T. Kirk" wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
We are thinking of touring the Grand Canyon and some of the
National Parks next summer by renting a Van in Las Vegas.
We are thinking of staying in Las Vegas for two nights
Three adults and two girls 10 and 12.
None of us are much into gambling. Could some one give me
some hints what sites or attractions there are in Las Vegas to
keep the kids busy.

stay at Circus Circus. weekday rates are abour $30/night. weekend rates in
Vegas are up around $100, so get out of town on Friday and go to a park.
check the hotel websites.

back to entertainment. Circus Circus has a midway with games and prizes,
just like a state fair. also, wandering up and down the strip is fun. the
bell desk should have a sheet on free events at many hotels. not to miss
are the volcano at the Mirage and the fountains at the Bellagio. wandering
around some of the hotels is fun too. Caesar's Palace, Aladdin, Luxor,
Excalibur, The Venetian, and Paris come to mind. Tropicana and the Riviera
give out free mugs and cards.

the bus which goes up and down the strip stops everywhere (including
downtown). the fare is $2 but you can get a 24-hour pass from the driver
for $5. remember that it is a very long walk between hotels as they are
very large.

Old October 9th, 2003, 04:16 AM
JamesStep

Three adults and two girls 10 and 12.

Lots of good ideas already given, but I'll add a few....

* If any of you are Star Trek fans, check out the "Star Trek
Experience" at the Hilton http://www.startrekexp.com/.

* Don't forget sites outside of town, such as Hoover Dam,
Red Rock Canyon, Valley of Fire State Park (about a 45
min. drive), etc.

* If you like exciting amusement park rides, check out the
ones on top of the Stratosphere hotel.

* I highly recommend the Bellagio Fountains, and it's also fun
see the inside of the Bellagio, as it's classiest hotel in the city.
However, be aware that the Bellagio doesn't permit juveniles
inside their buildings unless they are hotel guests or otherwise
have a special reason to be there (see their web site for
details). However, the fountains are outside, so they aren't
a problem.

* You might want to consider staying at Mandalay Bay Hotel,
as some consider it one of the best places for families because
of its great pools, including one with a wave machine.

James

Remove "NOSPAM" from my address when sending me e-mail.
-
Old October 9th, 2003, 05:21 AM
James T. Kirk

"JamesStep" wrote in message ...
[...]

Thanks to all that replied. I will save the emails for the time when
we have to make reservations. I was only aware of two attractions,
one being the hotel with the gondolas and the venetian motiv. The other
is the huge mall (covered street, where the whole ceiling is one giant
moving bill board.
Thanks
JTK

Old October 9th, 2003, 09:26 AM
Icono Clast

You might find some useful suggestions on the "Las Vegas" page at the
site at Right in the sig.
A San Franciscan who's visited 49 of 50 US states
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 IClast at SFbay Net

Old October 9th, 2003, 05:28 PM
Peter L

"James T. Kirk" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...

"JamesStep" wrote in message

[...]

That's not a mall. That's downtown Vegas.

Thanks
JTK