Bringing my dog to Australia...

Old September 16th, 2003, 04:42 AM
Joe Dirt

Default Bringing my dog to Australia...

Greetings,

I am bringing my dog with me when I relocate to Australia fro school. I am
in the process of completing the requirements as outlined by AQIS.

Does anyone know which airlines will allow passengers to bring their pet
on an international flight from the US to Australia?

I have contacted United, Delta, AA, Quantis, Air New Zealand;
they all tell me that they do not allow pets. Any ideas?

I have contacted a couple pet transport companies here in
the US, but they are rather expensive. Any feedback would be great.

TIA,
Corey
Old September 16th, 2003, 05:31 AM

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 03:42:56 GMT, "Joe Dirt" wrote:

Greetings,

I am bringing my dog with me when I relocate to Australia fro school. I am
in the process of completing the requirements as outlined by AQIS.

Does anyone know which airlines will allow passengers to bring their pet
on an international flight from the US to Australia?

I have contacted United, Delta, AA, Quantis,

Qantas

Air New Zealand; they all tell me that they do not allow pets. Any ideas?

Where you hoping to have your dog accompany you in the cabin?

I have contacted a couple pet transport companies here in
the US, but they are rather expensive. Any feedback would be great.

TIA,
Corey

Post to misc.immigration.australia+nz

as there are often threads regarding animals being imported into
Australia by their owners plus the necessary links to the Australian
Authorities.

Note: it is NOT a simple as just taking your dog with you.
There are requirements to be met.
Have you not heard of bio-security?

And no, animals are not permitted to travel in the cabin on
international flights to Australia. Dog will go in a heated,
pressurised hold in his cage.

Cath
Old September 16th, 2003, 05:39 AM

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 03:42:56 GMT, "Joe Dirt" wrote:

Greetings,

I am bringing my dog with me when I relocate to Australia fro school. I am
in the process of completing the requirements as outlined by AQIS.

Does anyone know which airlines will allow passengers to bring their pet
on an international flight from the US to Australia?

I have contacted United, Delta, AA, Quantis, Air New Zealand;
they all tell me that they do not allow pets. Any ideas?

I have contacted a couple pet transport companies here in
the US, but they are rather expensive. Any feedback would be great.

TIA,
Corey

This is the link for the Australian Quarantine & Inspection Service

http://www.affa.gov.au/content/outpu...00060B0AA00014

scroll down to and open:

A Guide to Importing Cats & Dogs

Cath