CDG - Orly train connection?

Old October 5th, 2012, 01:13 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

Default CDG - Orly train connection?

I heard about this in passing, but don't know any details - is it faster
than the bus?

Thanks.
T.
Old October 5th, 2012, 01:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

On 10/05/2012 02:13 PM, Tom P wrote:
I heard about this in passing, but don't know any details - is it faster
than the bus?

Thanks.
T.

ok - found some details - RER B to Antony then OrlyVal shuttle.
Is it faster than the CDG-Orly bus? We have a tight schedule.

T.
Old October 5th, 2012, 05:13 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

On 10/05/2012 02:46 PM, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 05 Oct 2012 14:28:20 +0200, Tom P wrote:

On 10/05/2012 02:13 PM, Tom P wrote:
I heard about this in passing, but don't know any details - is it faster
than the bus?

Thanks.
T.

ok - found some details - RER B to Antony then OrlyVal shuttle.
Is it faster than the CDG-Orly bus? We have a tight schedule.

It is more certain. It isn't dependent on lack of traffic jams.

I gather that. Any idea how easy it is to get tickets? I don't really
care to stand in line queuing up for tickets, and the last time I tried
getting tickets out of an SNCF machine (in Lyon) I gave up after 15
minutes - it wouldn't take bank notes, wouldn't take my debit cards,
wouldn't take my credit cards... the worst thing being that I had to go
through the entire rigmarole of selecting destination, single/return,
adult/ child, single/group/family etc, before finding I couldn't pay,
and had to start all over again.

Old October 5th, 2012, 05:14 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

On 10/05/2012 02:37 PM, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 05 Oct 2012 14:13:17 +0200, Tom P wrote:

I heard about this in passing, but don't know any details - is it faster
than the bus?

Thanks.
T.

See http://www.paristoolkit.com/airport/...g_orly_bus.htm for a
trade off between alternatives. It would be better if it gave journey
times.

Thanks, that was the site I found.
Old October 5th, 2012, 08:31 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Paul Aubrin

On Fri, 05 Oct 2012 14:37:28 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Fri, 05 Oct 2012 14:13:17 +0200, Tom P wrote:

I heard about this in passing, but don't know any details - is it faster
than the bus?

Thanks.
T.

See http://www.paristoolkit.com/airport/...g_orly_bus.htm for a
trade off between alternatives. It would be better if it gave journey
times.

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/e...ection-flight/

From 7:00 to 9:30 and 17:00 to 19:00 road traffic from CDG to Orly can be
badly jammed on weekdays. RER B line will be crowded but CDG is the first
stop on the line.
If you do not have a EMV smart card, drink a coffee or buy a pastry to get the
change to have coins for the ticket vending machines.