Beware of the Almond Beach Village Barbados

Old November 7th, 2005, 04:15 PM

Default Beware of the Almond Beach Village Barbados

A word of caution to anyone visiting the Almond Beach Village. This
hotel is normally excellent and people frequently make return visits
but it is currently experiencing problems.

We have just returned from a holiday at the village and were informed
prior to going that some minor building work was going on which was the
final stages of new rooms for November 05 guests.

It turned out the building work is substantial and nowhere near
completed. Every day there were queues of people complaining about
there rooms and asking to be moved, I know because I was one of those
people.

This was so bad we actualy met people who had arrived only to be told
there was no room at the hotel and they were moved to apartments down
the beach until a room became available.

I would urge anybody to get a writen statement from their travel agents
as to the state of the resort before going.

We had our room confirmed by the hotel prior to departure but still
ended up being dumped next to the building site. We were entitled to a
superior room but finally had to except a standard room to get away
from the building work.

Old November 7th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Petal and Leif

Things take time in Barbados, and one thing is for su You must not trust
those dates they say they will be finished.
Just look at what happend to Hilton, Sandy Lane, or the sewage project on
the south coast. LONG delays, and a lot of upset guests.
Bajans need to be better keeping what they promise.
Other than that, they are a nice kind of people.

Leif A

--
Petal-Anne Jensen
oups.com...

Old November 8th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Tom Withycombe

Hi Leif.

I agree with you in most cases but not all. For example The Sandpiper
closed for a major rebuild on 16 April and was scheduled to re-open on
01 November. But they planned it well - being aware that there could be
risks by weather, deliveries etc., they offered a soft opening for
regulars only for the month of November. They would not accept bookings
for "new" guests - only those that had stayed previously and understood
the efforts the hotel makes for its guests. In the end SP opened on 5th
November - minimum inconvenience to any guests who were accommodated at
the Coral Reef Club just up the road.

Hoteliers contract construction companies, decorators etc. to complete
by a specific time. When they don't perform or do so badly, things get
held up and the blame culture takes over. Hotels often are to blame
through imposing unrealistic deadlines on suppliers and failing to
control/monitor progress in relation to room inventory and guest needs.

Rather like many other businesses :-))

Tom

In article , Petal and Leif
writes
Things take time in Barbados, and one thing is for su You must not trust
those dates they say they will be finished.
Just look at what happend to Hilton, Sandy Lane, or the sewage project on
the south coast. LONG delays, and a lot of upset guests.
Bajans need to be better keeping what they promise.
Other than that, they are a nice kind of people.

Leif A

--
Tom Withycombe
Dorset/UK

Old November 8th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Earl Colby Pottinger

"Petal and Leif" :

Things take time in Barbados, and one thing is for su You must not trust

those dates they say they will be finished.
Just look at what happend to Hilton, Sandy Lane, or the sewage project on
the south coast. LONG delays, and a lot of upset guests.
Bajans need to be better keeping what they promise.
Other than that, they are a nice kind of people.

It is not just them, all over the world things would go a lot better if
people just told you what the worse timing expected is, instead of the best
timing. If it will take 1 month to get the job done if everything goes
right, but 3 months if everything goes bad - don't tell me it will be ready
in a month, tell me you expect it to take no longer than 3 months at worse
and probably sooner.

Earl Colby Pottinger

--
I make public email sent to me! Hydrogen Peroxide Rockets, OpenBeos,
SerialTransfer 3.0, RAMDISK, BoatBuilding, DIY TabletPC. What happened to