Rennes Le Chateau, France

Old May 4th, 2006, 05:24 PM posted to rec.travel.misc

Default Rennes Le Chateau, France

Thursday 11th August 2005, I took the girls to Rennes-Le-Château. I had read about it in various books including the one I was reading then, "Bloodline of the Holy Grail" by Laurence Gardner. Over the last few years, I have been meaning to go there and we live and host our gites but an hour away. I woke up in the morning and thought: "I’m going to Rennes-Le-Château today".

Upon entering the church of St. Marie Madelaine, we immediately met the devil, such a charming chap! My attention was mostly drawn to the stained glass window showing Mary Magdalene drying Jesus’ feet with her hair, after having anointed them with spikenard, as we are told in John 12:3. This, of course, is very significant to ‘those with ears to hear’. This was presumably the act of Jesus’ bride, as only she would have been allowed to do this. More of that line of thought another time.

We went to look at some crystals and one of the twins pointed out some pendulums. Looking at them, I had a choice between a rose quartz and an amethyst one. Knowing that it is important to hold the crystals, I first held the rose quartz pendulum to get the feel of it. When I hung it back up, it began swinging rather a lot while I was holding the amethyst one. The latter felt very cold in my palm and just did not feel right. I put it back and it too started to swing, which seemed to make the rose quartz swing even more, as if it was asking me to choose it. I did.

Rennes-Le-Château is steeped in history, mystery and significance. I will not go into that now.

We saw the tower, La Tour Magdala, where l’abbé Saunière had his office and library, but we did not do the paid museum visit. I was not there as the full tourist and wanted to look beyond the tourist trappings and perhaps be inspired – I was inspired, but that is for another time…….

Incidentally, the twins, Demelza and Verity, being true teenage girls, enjoyed the book and gift shops and bought themselves some rings with semi-precious stones, and Raymonde, our four year old, was fascinated by and fell in love with the mountains and the beautiful scenery. She did not want to leave, but came along reluctantly once I had taken some photographs of her with the mountains in the background, while she stood on a wall pretending to fly over the mountains. I promised to take her back another day. I will keep to my promise.

Sarah Pritchard
Plaigne, South France,
Relax by the pool or explore our beautiful pocket of South France:
www.sdpgitesinfrance.bravehost.com

---
MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20060411083646W4p4WdW4