Help with planning a trip to Parks

Old October 28th, 2003, 03:33 PM
Bobbiegib

Default Help with planning a trip to Parks

Hi,
We are planning a trip to some National Parks and would like your help.
Please!!
Our tentative agends is:
Las Vegas (all set for rooms)
Zion
Bryce
Lake Powell
Santa Fe (all set for rooms)
Sedona.
Would anyone have any help on where to stay. We like very nice hotels but also
occasional lodge types. For instance, I have heard that the Lodge in Zion is
very nice (?) but would like upscale in other places.
We have planned Las Vegas for months but just decided yesterday to go on to the
Parks. Guess what - we leave Saturday morning. So, any help would be so
appreciated.
Also, any clue on the weather at this time of year?
Thanks, Bob
Old October 28th, 2003, 04:48 PM
Bill Hilton

From: (Bobbiegib)

We are planning a trip to some National Parks and would like your help.
Would anyone have any help on where to stay.

Zion
Bryce

The Lodges at Zion and Bryce are centrally located and good choices. If you
can't get a reservation in Zion (which is hard to get into) there are some good
hotels in nearby Springdale. I think we stayed at a very nice Best Western for
under $60 off-season a couple years ago.

Bryce has fewer options if the Lodge is closed, maybe the Ruby Inn near the
entrance is your best bet. I've always stayed at the Lodge or in the
campground myself so have no first hand experience except for eating there.
Only a couple of other choices near the entrance.

Lake Powell

Wahweap is very nice but it's on the marina a few miles out of town and
many/most of the guests are boaters. In Page the one I like the best is the
Marriott, which has a very good restaurant and is one of the newer motels.
There are a dozen decent cheaper motels in Page, all the chains like Super 8,
Motel 6 and Best Western (I think there are 4 of these) have hotels there, but
they aren't as deluxe as Wahweap or the Marriott.

Guess what - we leave Saturday morning.

I think Bryce Lodge might be closed (or closing soon) and I tried to get a Zion
reservation for this period many months ago and they were booked solid with
photographers and leaf peepers, so I doubt you'll find anything inside those
parks. It's off season so Springdale, Page and Sedona should be cheap.

Also, any clue on the weather at this time of year?

Try
www.weather.com ... usually sunny and maybe a bit of a chill, depending on
the altitude (we had snow at Bryce late October 2 years ago).

Bill

Old October 28th, 2003, 08:58 PM
alohacyberian

"Bobbiegib" wrote in message
Hi,
We are planning a trip to some National Parks and would like your help.
Please!!
Our tentative agends is:
Las Vegas (all set for rooms)
Zion
Bryce
Lake Powell
Santa Fe (all set for rooms)
Sedona.

You may access information about any of the National Parks in the United
States at their website which can be found at: http://www.nps.gov/index.htm -
bon voyage! KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect