Where to find cheap air ticket from San Francisco to Cairo, Egypt?

Old October 11th, 2003, 08:27 AM
Qing

Default Where to find cheap air ticket from San Francisco to Cairo, Egypt?

Hi,

My wife and I plans to go to Egypt this Christmas season. We live in
San Francisco area, California. The air tickets I can find online are
over $1600 per person, which are too expensive.

Where can I find cheaper air tickets?

Thanks,
Qing
Old October 12th, 2003, 03:18 AM
Tashi

get yourself over to NY and fly via Air Ethiopia.... less than $1200Can. or
it was in Nov. last yr when I went..
"Deirdre Saoirse Moen" wrote in message
In article ,
(Qing) wrote:

My wife and I plans to go to Egypt this Christmas season. We live in
San Francisco area, California. The air tickets I can find online are
over $1600 per person, which are too expensive.

Where can I find cheaper air tickets?

Try looking in March for tickets in December. You've probably run up
against high season. Checking Mar 1 outbound with a Mar 15 return, I see a
price on BA of $888 (or so).

You might try leaving earlier and staying later. This year, the heavy part
of the Christmas season is Dec 17 to Jan 7.

Even Dec 15 to Jan 9 only drops the price to $1240 though. You just booked
too late for this year.

--
_Deirdre
http://deirdre.net

Old October 19th, 2003, 02:34 PM
Jesse R.

try google.com it rocks!

"When the Moon rides at her peak, then your heart's desire seek."

http://drumhawk75.2ya.com

Old November 7th, 2003, 05:08 AM
jmeras

Qing,

I went from New York to Egypt in late September on Swiss Air for $945
round trip. I am making the same trip again via Swiss Air (leaving
December 27th and returning January 8th) for a lower price...I paid
$815 for the December trip. I purchased both tickets from an online
travel auction. I have no complaints for what I paid since I did my
research and figured that what I paid was 15-30% lower than what I
would have paid if I purchased my flights through Priceline or Orbitz.
Don't forget that Christmas is the high season, which lasts from
Thanksgiving through the 24th. I bid on both flights through
SkyAuction.com (www.skyauction.com). Skyauction has been holding from
1-3 auctions a week on SwissAir's New York to Cairo route for the past
several months. Bidders have been paying from $551 to $715 for these
flights...plus you need to add on $105 for fees and taxes, which means
that people are essentially paying from $651 - $815 for these flights.
The average winning bid has been around $600. These are the cheapest
New York to Cairo flights I have come across. These SwissAir flights
allow departures from Los Angeles, Chicago, and Boston but you have to
pay a surcharge. Since you live in the Bay area you will fly out of
Los Angeles. If you fly out of LAX expect to pay an additional $185
in addition to your winning bid. So it is possible to pay about $890
for a round trip flight from Los Angeles to Cairo, Egypt if you aren't
flying during the high season.

Cheers,

J. Meras