The era of FORMAL NIGHTS is fading rapidly...

Old October 23rd, 2007, 05:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron

Default The era of FORMAL NIGHTS is fading rapidly...

Thus spake Kurt Ullman :

In article ,
"Uncle Peter" wrote:

"Dillon Pyron" wrote in message
Thus spake Mary Foster :

Goat would be unusual to find on a dining room menu. At the Rotisserie
on a Carnival cruise, they had frog's legs. You do not find that on a
cruise ship very often, in fact, that is the only time I saw it.

I've had roo and camel. Kangaroo tastes kind of like a gamey beef.
Camel is just stringy.
--
dillon

I think the boiled goat referred to Clint's unfortunate demise in the hot
tub.....

That would be boiled OLD goat...

I'll have to try to find the rec.scuba recipe for barbecued troll. It
involved lots and lots of beer. And did I say you need beer?
--
dillon

Flower Whiskers, RIP
What a great leader
Old October 26th, 2007, 03:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
Allen wrote:

night "formal" other than the dinner. So I'm always left with the
question. Why do they bother? They could save a ton of money by not
having to buy and clean the "formal" uniforms for the crew.

I am curious as to what %age of the people who do formal formal
nights rent the tuxes. I know we always do, largely for the convenience
of not having to run around with the extra stuff.
Old October 26th, 2007, 04:28 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Boomer

"Allen" wrote in message
I suspecct your're correct in the belief that formal nights are coming to a
close. I expect that even Celebrity which holds to the formal night
tradition will experiment with open casual seating on the second level of
the dining room in the near future.

I sail Celebrity and do dress for the formal nights and really don't have
a problem doing so. But, to be honest, there is nothing really formal
about the evenings in general that really warrant calling the night
"formal" other than the dinner. So I'm always left with the question. Why
do they bother? They could save a ton of money by not having to buy and
clean the "formal" uniforms for the crew.

Allen

It sounds like they're trying to offer the casual option without offending
anyone in the process. As long as the food is the exact same for both levels
I'd be happy not have to pack the suit but if the second level means getting
short changed I'll stick to putting on the jacket.

Old October 26th, 2007, 10:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article
, Kurt
Ullman wrote:

I am curious as to what %age of the people who do formal formal
nights rent the tuxes. I know we always do, largely for the convenience
of not having to run around with the extra stuff.

I own my own. It is less expensive than renting and it fits right. Hard
to say what kind of fit you will get renting.

--
Charles
Old October 27th, 2007, 12:58 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
clint

I have my own tux, havn't gained a pound since the Koren War, the cow has an
"expandable" moomoo, has worn since 1998(we are both seniors) Enjoy the
formal nights, especialy meeting the shup's captain
"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article
, Kurt