Bali & Bangkok

Old September 23rd, 2008, 12:10 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Markku Grönroos

Default Bali & Bangkok

"Chris Blunt" kirjoitti
om...
On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 19:03:57 +0200, "Frank" wrote:

steer clear of most of the dudes hanging out in front
of the resorts, looking for a quick buck and ripping
you off.

That's normally good advice, and I would usually do the same, but I
just came back from Bali and had a very different experience there.

This guy had his own minibus and used to hang out in front of the
resort I was staying in (Bali Tropic Hotel in Nusa Dua). I used to get
a metered taxi from there into Kuta most evenings, and the metered
fare was always around 75,000 Rupiah. One evening there didn't seem to
be any taxis around so I asked him how much he would charge and he
quoted 70,000 Rupiah. He got my business that evening, and I used him
every day from then on. I would never have expected a private
transport operator to match a metered taxi fare, so in fairness to
this guy I just wanted to go on record and mention it here.

Once I arrived in a Surabaya bus terminal a way out from town. When the taxi
drivers saw me they instantly established a price cartel and asked 50.000
rupiah for a ride to downtown. I found the fare ridiculous. Soon a taxi
driver at the rear end of the queue broke it down and was willing to drive
me to town the meter on. The ride cost me 8.500 rupiah.........

Old September 25th, 2008, 10:52 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Manfred Aigner

PeterL wrote:
[..]
Any idea about Bali?

In Bali you can easily hire a cab for a day. Otherwise you can also
book any tour you want from your hotel.

If you achieve _not_ to find transportation in Bali you are _the_hero_!
On every corner you will find somebody offering "transport, transport"

Just hire a car with driver and go wherever you want ... calculate some
time to negotiate a reasonable price ...

Manfred
Old October 27th, 2008, 08:55 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
prima

Depending on interests and budget everybody has a different experience
with the same places, countries. I prefer to book my trips through the
tour operator. When you are planning to set your feet in a strange land
you need an advise of one of the experience travel professionals just to
have a worry- free vacation. I trust expertise of Orient Flexi Pax. My
trip to Thailand was arranged through that company. The locals seamed
to be less expensive, but just to avoid all” the dudes hanging out in
front of the resorts, looking for a quick buck..” I prefer to deal with
the company that is easy to follow up and cherish its reputation. You
defiantly save money in a long run if you arrange everything in
advance. It works for me.

--
prima
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com