Transportation from Berlin to Szczecin

Old December 3rd, 2003, 12:39 PM
Nikolas

Default Transportation from Berlin to Szczecin

Hello everybody.
I need some help.
I flying to Berlin (Tegel airport) this christmas and then I will go
to Szczecin.
I need information on how to go from Berlin to Szczecin.
I have searched about the trains at the German Railways site
(www.bahn.de) and found the routes that I have to take.
But I don't know the prices because it doesn't mention in the site.
Could anyone tell me the prices for the train tickets from Berlin to
Szczecin???

Alternatively, I was thinking of taking a bus (coach) to go to
Szczecin but I didn't find one on the internet. Could somebody help me
on this?

Thank you very much in advance!
Old December 3rd, 2003, 12:52 PM
Gregory Morrow

Nikolas wrote:

Hello everybody.
I need some help.
I flying to Berlin (Tegel airport) this christmas and then I will go
to Szczecin.
I need information on how to go from Berlin to Szczecin.
I have searched about the trains at the German Railways site
(www.bahn.de) and found the routes that I have to take.
But I don't know the prices because it doesn't mention in the site.
Could anyone tell me the prices for the train tickets from Berlin to
Szczecin???

Alternatively, I was thinking of taking a bus (coach) to go to
Szczecin but I didn't find one on the internet. Could somebody help me
on this?

Looks like there is a coach on this route. I found this:

http://www.berlinlinienbus.de/ort/80038408000011.htm

--
Best
Greg

Old December 3rd, 2003, 08:59 PM
Martin Stock

"Nikolas" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
om...
Hello everybody.
I need some help.
I flying to Berlin (Tegel airport) this christmas and then I will go
to Szczecin.
I need information on how to go from Berlin to Szczecin.
I have searched about the trains at the German Railways site
(www.bahn.de) and found the routes that I have to take.

What do you want more?
But I don't know the prices because it doesn't mention in the site.
Could anyone tell me the prices for the train tickets from Berlin to
Szczecin???

There is no reliable source on the internet for international train fares.
The German part is inside a local public transport network (VBB
Verkehrsverbund Berlin-Brandenburg).
So if you travel to Tantow (the last stop before the border) VBB prices and
not DB prices apply.
Berlin - Tantow is EUR 11,70.
http://www.vbb-fahrinfo.de
However with a ticket to Stettin/Szczecin you leave the VBB area.
In 2001 DB has charched DM 35,80 (EUR 18,30) for such a ticket.

Or you can buy a VBB ticket to Tantow and from the conductor a ticket for
the rest. May work out cheaper, but no guarantee on this.
Advantage with a VBB ticket is that you can buy it alread in Tegel and it is
also valid for the bus from Tegel to Ostbahnhof (or any other railway
station in Berlin). So you have the best excuse to buy from the conductor a
ticket for the (short) rest of the journey.