Don't transit in Mumbai

Old October 22nd, 2008, 03:44 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_6_]

Default Don't transit in Mumbai

I've just flown to Bangalore via Mumbai and have to say that getting
from the international to the national terminals in Mumbai (9km apart)
is an ordeal which can last hours.

I'll spare you the details, but on the return flight yesterday I was
scheduled to land in Mumbai at 23:05 and my next flight was at 02:10.
These three hours of time turned out to be barely sufficient to make it
to the next flight (I finally managed to board the plane at 01:57).

There was always something which would make me lose time. The biggest
problem was that damned shuttle bus which connects both terminals and
only runs every 60-90 minutes (I spent almost one hour in the queue).

Then departure cards were not available at immigration, so I had to get
back to the Jet Airways counter to get one (they probably forgot to give
one to me when they handed out the boarding passes in Bangalore).

When entering India transiting through Mumbai, even if your luggage is
checked through until the final destination, you have to retrieve your
suitcase in Mumbai from the baggage belt and walk with it through
customs, have it scanned again and check it in again (and when I checked
it in, Jet Airways told me that the 3am plane to Bangalore was small and
they were not sure if my suitcase would make it to Bangalore).

To top it all, at 01:50 when I was at the gate trying to board the
plane, Jet Airways decided that they wanted to scan the passports of all
passengers (what for, since all passports had already been checked
multiple times by different people before any passenger made it to the
gate).
The notebook computer with the scanner had of course some problems, and
they basically lost 7 minutes on one guy (and that less than 15 minutes
before departure).
--

Alfred Molon
Old October 22nd, 2008, 05:45 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl[_3_]

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
[...]

As I mentioned to you, it's advisable - though not always possible - to
limit yourself to one Indian airport per routing! Kochi in Kerala is
probably the most efficient airport in India, but (or because) it's small.
It's also privately owned.

Bangalore's new airport, though new and allegedly built wth 5-10 years of
growth factored in, is at capacity after only three months of operations.

I haven't yet been to the new airport in Hyderabad.

Chennai is barely tolerable.

Forget Delhi, Bombay or Calcutta - avoid if possible.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old October 22nd, 2008, 07:05 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Markku Grönroos

"grusl" kirjoitti
.. .

As I mentioned to you, it's advisable - though not always possible - to
limit yourself to one Indian airport per routing! Kochi in Kerala is
probably the most efficient airport in India, but (or because) it's small.
It's also privately owned.

Bangalore's new airport, though new and allegedly built wth 5-10 years of
growth factored in, is at capacity after only three months of operations.

I haven't yet been to the new airport in Hyderabad.

Chennai is barely tolerable.

Forget Delhi, Bombay or Calcutta - avoid if possible.

Perhaps one should avoid India altogether. The three cities above are New
Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata.

Old October 22nd, 2008, 07:59 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
John Kulp

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 21:05:44 +0300, "Markku Grönroos"
wrote:

"grusl" kirjoitti
. ..

As I mentioned to you, it's advisable - though not always possible - to
limit yourself to one Indian airport per routing! Kochi in Kerala is
probably the most efficient airport in India, but (or because) it's small.
It's also privately owned.

Bangalore's new airport, though new and allegedly built wth 5-10 years of
growth factored in, is at capacity after only three months of operations.

I haven't yet been to the new airport in Hyderabad.

Chennai is barely tolerable.

Forget Delhi, Bombay or Calcutta - avoid if possible.

Perhaps one should avoid India altogether. The three cities above are New
Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata.

As usual, no one cares about your drivel. George was just trying to
help morons like you out and you dump on him. Go get a life for a
change.
Old October 22nd, 2008, 09:40 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
LarbGai

Default Don't transit in Mumbai or you will run into Goonyroos the racistpig.

On Oct 23, 7:05*am, "Markku Grönroos" wrote:
Perhaps one should avoid India altogether. The three cities above are New
Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata.-

******No show without Punch. Well done Goonyroos you racist pig.

Get a life.
Old October 22nd, 2008, 10:45 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
William Black

[...]

It's improved from 2007.

Then it took over two hours to get to the queue for the shuttle bus.

Always try to have an overnight stay when travelling via Bombay
international...

The Metro Palace in Bandra is reasonable, has a free airport shuttle
service and is right where you want to be for a spot of shopping...

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old October 22nd, 2008, 10:45 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
William Black

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message
. fi...

Perhaps one should avoid India altogether. The three cities above are New
Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata.

Everyone should visit India.

It changes your view of the world.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old October 23rd, 2008, 04:25 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Jean00[_5_]

Why we should avoid traveling in India? I think it's one of the best
places to be with.

--
Jean00
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com

Old October 23rd, 2008, 06:20 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl[_3_]

"John Kulp" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 21:05:44 +0300, "Markku Grönroos"
wrote:

"grusl" kirjoitti

[...]

Thanks John, but I've long ago killfiled the Finn. Poor Kukku doesn't
realize that nobody spells the names the way his GPS does. He'll have a
heart attack when he sees the Royal Bombay Yacht Club ... let alone Peking
University.

Cheers
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old October 23rd, 2008, 06:21 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl[_3_]

"William Black" wrote in message

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message
. fi...

Perhaps one should avoid India altogether. The three cities above are New
Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata.

Everyone should visit India.

It changes your view of the world.

I think Dopey was criticising my spelling of Indian cities! It clashes with
his GPS.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore