Odd meal timing (CX JFK-HKG flight)

Old July 31st, 2004, 05:33 PM
nobody

Default Odd meal timing (CX JFK-HKG flight)

On an early evening Air France flight (economy) from CDG to JFK last
week, the second meal was called breakfast by the flight attendant who
served me. It was the usual sandwich etc.,

In France:

Petit Déjeuner: breakfast
Déjeuner: lunch
Dîner: supper

Elsewhe

Déjeuner: breakfast.
Dîner: lunch. (but often people just say "lunch".)
Souper: supper.

So it is possible that the FA was thinking "Déjeuner" and translated it into
breakfast instead of "lunch".
Old July 31st, 2004, 08:22 PM
~~ Ray ~~

did i miss something he didnt mention anything about CX.

LH & FR serve instant noodles too.

"AC" wrote in message
I've flown Syd - HK - LHR for almost 20 years on three of those airlines,
and for you to rate Cathay over Qantas (or even Thai), is an obvious lack of
sample size. The only reason I see CX surviving is that they serve instant
noodles (big deal) on demand, and certain SEAsian routes are better served
(not much use if you're going to Europe).

Their service level in business class is not comparable even to some
regional airlines I have flown. They don't address J pax properly, nor seem
to enjoy their jobs.

Queuing for the toilet because a line of economy passengers can't read (and
FAs don't inform them) is something I tolerated for many, many flights until
I worked out how to avoid this putrid airline... Carryon baggage
restrictions seem to vary by citizenship, and it's not unusual to see some
old lady carting an oversize suitcase on board for someone else to stow.

My own brother and sister in law have just been down to SYD with them
and back to MAN, and the service was utterly superb, the food offered
was way beyond anything experienced before on Thai or Malaysian or
Qantas or BA which they have also done, in fact the sis in law said
the food was way too much for her to take - but alas not so my brother
who can eat a whole cow I believe and still have a 28inch waist! -