Help with a non-stop flight problem

Old March 26th, 2004, 09:41 PM
Tim J. Johson

Default Help with a non-stop flight problem

Book wheelchair assistance for her. I've done this for many passengers
(whether it's due to age, arthritis or other problems) and it's always
been there for them. Make sure the request has come back confirmed from
the airline.

Almost too many horror stories about this.

I'm sure that the wheelchair assist goes right MOST of the
time....it's just the times it does not that tends to be a nightmare.
We did it once, it was a nightmare....
Old March 26th, 2004, 11:45 PM

Avian wrote:

Hi folks,

My mom needs to travel from the NYC area (EWR is best) to Mobile, Alabama.
Problem is every flight that I've found connects somewhere (memphis,
atlanta, etc).

But she can't do the connections on her own, such as finding the terminal,
walking to it, etc especially if she misses a flight and has to deal with
logistics of hotel and all - all related to age and health issues.

I could always take her myself but that's very difficult and impractical to
do always.
Does anyone know of any other airports or ways of dealing with this,
preferably to get a non-stop flight to anywhere around Mobile?

Thanks!
-Avien

Look into flying from your area to Pensacola (PNS). Continental, Delta,
Northwest and USAIR all fly into PNS. You may be able to find something
with one of them, especially Continental. I think they have a hub at
EWR.

Of all the many suggestions you have received, "taking her yourself" is
the most fool proof. I once had the same problem and if not for a Good
Samaritan in Atlanta, my Mom would still be sitting on an airplane
there!

Yaz