Airport to Kuala Lumpur

Old October 1st, 2003, 06:34 PM
HT

Default Airport to Kuala Lumpur

Cost by train from Airport to City by train

Thanks
harvey

Old October 1st, 2003, 08:52 PM
Miguel Cruz

HT wrote:
Cost by train from Airport to City by train

RM35 (US$10) each way.

It don't think there's a better way to get to the city unless you're going
to a far suburban destination that's not served by rapid transit from KL
Sentral.

If you're going into the city, it's way faster (and more comfy) to take the
train and then catch a cab at KL Sentral than to take a cab the whole way.
Even with no traffic, it takes about twice as much time to drive. Don't
believe the taxi touts in the airport; they have a very flexible notion of
time.

miguel
Site remodeled 10-Sept-2003: Hundreds of new photos, easier navigation.
Old October 1st, 2003, 09:56 PM
Alfred Molon

In article ,
says...
HT wrote:
Cost by train from Airport to City by train

RM35 (US$10) each way.

It don't think there's a better way to get to the city unless you're going
to a far suburban destination that's not served by rapid transit from KL
Sentral.

If you're going into the city, it's way faster (and more comfy) to take the
train and then catch a cab at KL Sentral than to take a cab the whole way.
Even with no traffic, it takes about twice as much time to drive. Don't
believe the taxi touts in the airport; they have a very flexible notion of
time.

If you are alone the train is cheaper, though not necessarily faster.
The train alone takes 28 minutes to reach KL Sentral, to that you have
to add 5-10 minutes wait time for the next train to leave, then in KL
Sentral you have to walk out, buy a coupon and get into a taxi. Last
time lots of people had just arrived and the taxis were all gone (was a
Friday evening), so I had to wait 15 minutes for the next taxi.
Calculate then another 10 minutes for the taxi to bring you to downtown
KL.
If you go by taxi directly you can be in downtown KL in 50 minutes,
unless there is a lot of traffic.

By the way, while I'm writing this, it pops up in my mind that the
monorail is now operational and you can fetch it in KL Sentral to go
downtown. But it's not an option if you have a lot of luggage or if your
hotel is not near a monorail stop. Also, at the moment the monorail is
only operational between 10am and 4pm or 5pm.
--

Alfred Molon
Old October 1st, 2003, 11:03 PM
EAC

"HT" wrote in message .au...
Cost by train from Airport to City by train

Thanks
harvey

http://www.kliaekspres.com/main.htm

One-way
RM35 (Adult)
RM15 (Child 2-12 yrs)

Return (Two-way)
RM70* (Adult)
RM30 (Child 2-12 yrs)

Meeter & Sender Return
RM50 (Adult)
RM20 (Child 2-12 yrs) (Return within 6 hours)

Frequent Flyer
RM180 for 6 trips (Valid for 9 months)

Infant (less than 2 years) travels free

Return ticket includes 1-day FREE parking at KL Sentral Station Car
Park. Terms and conditions apply. Validation of parking ticket must be
done during purchase of KLIA Ekspres tickets at Ticket
Counter.

For Group Travel more than 10 persons, Call Sales 603-2267 8888 . I
think they might give you a discount.
Old October 1st, 2003, 11:29 PM
Peter L

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
news.com...

By the way, while I'm writing this, it pops up in my mind that the
monorail is now operational and you can fetch it in KL Sentral to go
downtown. But it's not an option if you have a lot of luggage or if your
hotel is not near a monorail stop. Also, at the moment the monorail is
only operational between 10am and 4pm or 5pm.

What kind of stupid public mass transit is this, operating in between rush
hours? OK K.L., never mind.

--

Alfred Molon

Old October 2nd, 2003, 02:49 AM
Miguel Cruz

Alfred Molon wrote:
says...
[...]

You must have had an amazing cab driver. I've never had it take less than an
hour, even at totally off-peak times with no traffic on the road. I don't
bother with taxis at all anymore. Between the extra time, having to be
crammed into a little car instead of stretching out in a spacious train, and
having to spend the whole time sitting still rather than breaking it up by
changing modes at KL Sentral, it seems a no-brainer for me anyway.

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos and tales from around the world:
http://travel.u.nu
Old October 2nd, 2003, 07:08 AM
Alfred Molon

In article , peterl68
@hotmail.com says...

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
news.com...

By the way, while I'm writing this, it pops up in my mind that the
monorail is now operational and you can fetch it in KL Sentral to go
downtown. But it's not an option if you have a lot of luggage or if your
hotel is not near a monorail stop. Also, at the moment the monorail is
only operational between 10am and 4pm or 5pm.

What kind of stupid public mass transit is this, operating in between rush
hours? OK K.L., never mind.

It's still in the test phase right now. Will operate longer after that
I'd guess.
--

Alfred Molon