Fall & Columbia River Gorge

Old October 24th, 2004, 05:59 PM
adjgiulio

Default Fall & Columbia River Gorge

Hello,

we visited the Gorge for the first time last September.
We were planning to come back to enjoy the fall's colors.
So, we're wondering if we're still in time. Is there anyone of you living in
the area who could give us an update of the fall colors along the Gorge?

Thanks,

Giulio

Old October 24th, 2004, 07:07 PM
Frank F. Matthews

"Sunday, November 16, 2003

» For last look at fall foliage, climb Beacon Rock
Quick! Before another southwester blows all the leaves off the trees,
head east into the Columbia River Gorge for one last look at the fall
color. One of the best places for a bird's-eye view of the gorge is from
the top of Beacon Rock, the landmark named by the Lewis and Clark
expedition on Oct. 31, 1805."

I suspect that you are too late.

Old October 24th, 2004, 11:26 PM
Mark Brader

"Giulio":
We were planning to come back to enjoy the fall's colors.
So, we're wondering if we're still in time. ...

Frank Matthews:
Since on the 16th the Oregonian said:

| "Sunday, November 16, 2003
| ...Quick! ... head east into the Columbia River Gorge for one last
| look at the fall color.

I suspect that you are too late.

Interesting form of mistake.

Actually, of course, this suggests that Guilio probably *isn't* too
late. But perhaps someone who actually knows the area could answer
with information for *this* year, as Guilio asked for.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto Premature generalization is
the square root of all evil.
Old October 25th, 2004, 03:42 AM
Kay Lancaster

I'm west of the gorge, S of Portland. Around here, we've had about 30%
leaf fall from the deciduous trees, about 50% color change.

Might want to give the folks at the Multnomah Falls visitor's center
a call for a real update: (503) 695-2372, or the Gorge National Scenic Area:
http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/columbia/forest/

Old October 25th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Prasanta Sahoo

Hi,

Does anybody travel from Bangalore to USA in next 1 week? I have an
urgent document to send .

Please let me know.

Regards,
Prasanta

Old October 25th, 2004, 06:09 PM
PeterL

"Prasanta Sahoo" wrote in message
Hi,

Does anybody travel from Bangalore to USA in next 1 week? I have an
urgent document to send .

Please let me know.

Couldn't you just send it air express? DHL?

Regards,
Prasanta

Old October 25th, 2004, 08:20 PM
Brian K

On 10/25/2004 7:25 AM Prasanta Sahoo plucked Senior Frog's Magic
Twanger and said:

Hi,

Does anybody travel from Bangalore to USA in next 1 week? I have an
urgent document to send .

Please let me know.

Regards,
Prasanta

Can't you FAX it? What about UPS Overnight, FEDex or DHL?

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.