Penang to Singapore or Singapore to Penang

Old April 20th, 2005, 06:50 AM

Hello,

Well, as it happened I cut back my itinerary a bit and decided to only
visit Singapore, Malacca, Kuala Lumpur and Taman Negara, and even that
seemed rushed.

If I wanted to, it wouldn't have been so difficult to get to the
Cameron Highlands from Taman Negara. As I was running out of time,
while in KL I paid a travel company (NKS) to organise my trip to Taman
Negara. They organised the transport there and back (from KL, to
Singapore), a guide, accomodation and meals. All easy to do
independantly, but I didn't want to risk missing a transport
connection, or ending up stuck in Jerantut or Taman Negara one day
longer for whatever reason. They have an office in one of the floating
restaurants (the LBK restaurant?) at Taman Negara, and could also have
organised a ride out to Cameron Highlands from there, if I wanted.

Thanks,
Neil

wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the responses - looks like I'll be heading to Taman Negara
from KL. The 4WD trip sounds more off-the-beaten-track then I'd want
to go on this trip.

Thanks,
Neil

wrote:
Hello,

I'm going to be visiting Singapore and Malaysia just after Easter

for
two weeks. My flights to the region are to and from Singapore, but

would like to see some of Malyasia while I'm there. I've decided

that
I won't have time to visit Sarawak or Sabah, and will be mostly
sticking to the west side of peninsular Malaysia. I'm currently
planning on getting a flight from Singapore to Penang, and then
travelling overland back to Singapore. But one of the places I'm

very
keen to visit (staying a night or two) is Taman Negara national

park,
and I'm not sure that it is easy to get transport from places in

the
north west, whereas it seems very straightforward from KL. I'd

also
be
interested in visiting the Cameron Highlands, and again it seems

very
easy to do from the south, but not the north-west.

Can anybody comment on this? Am I mistaken, and is it really just
about as easy to visit those places starting at Penang and heading
south, as it would be starting from Singapore and heading north,
overland.

Thanks,
Neil