Augsburg vs Würzburg vs Regensburg

Old July 6th, 2009, 02:33 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Leo

Default Augsburg vs Würzburg vs Regensburg

If you were to travel to one of these 3 cities, which one would you
choose and why?
- Augsburg
- Würzburg
- Regensburg

I am planning a 1-day trip from Munich via high-speed train and would
like to choose 1 beautiful city from the above 3. I already planned
trips to some other places in Germany including Rothenburg, that's why
I came up with the above list.

Many thanks!

Old July 6th, 2009, 09:08 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Giovanni Drogo

On Sun, 5 Jul 2009, Leo wrote:

If you were to travel to one of these 3 cities, which one would you
choose and why?
- Augsburg
- Würzburg
- Regensburg

Probably Würzburg, there is a large fortress and the location on the
hills surrounding the river is nice.

But also Regensburg has a nice riverside (*), and a nice cathedral.

And also Augsburg has some interesting buildings, particularly in the
Fuggerei.

(*) we had a very simple lunch at the Alte Wurstkuche along the river.
We were pleasantly surprised there were baskets of bread on the
table (we italians have always to ask for more bread in Germany).
When the waiter came for the bill, she asked "Wieviele ?" (how many
rolls have we eaten) ... and we replied "Alle !" (all of them, we
had no idea we'd have to count).

is a newsreading account used by more persons to
Old July 6th, 2009, 02:09 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Josef Kleber

Leo schrieb:
I am planning a 1-day trip from Munich via high-speed train

There are many "high-speed trains" in Bavaria, but just one real high
speed line: München - Nürnberg. The top speed of 300 km/h is just
reached on the Ingolstadt - Nürnberg part of it with ICE3 trainsets.

Josef

--
Keine Sicherheit ohne Schäuble:
GNUPG/PGP-Key unter http://www.josef-kleber.de/pgp/Josef_Kleber_News.asc

Old July 6th, 2009, 04:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Leo

Probably Würzburg, there is a large fortress and the location on the
hills surrounding the river is nice.

But also Regensburg has a nice riverside (*), and a nice cathedral.

And also Augsburg has some interesting buildings, particularly in the

Seems like all 3 towns are so great that it's hard to choose
Augsburg is closest to Munich by train - it's only 40-45 min away,
whereas the trip to Würzburg will take 2 hours.

Old July 6th, 2009, 05:58 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alfred Molon[_6_]

Würzburg
--

Alfred Molon
Old July 7th, 2009, 12:43 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jesper Lauridsen[_1_]

On 2009-07-06, Giovanni Drogo wrote:

On Sun, 5 Jul 2009, Leo wrote:

If you were to travel to one of these 3 cities, which one would you
choose and why?
- Augsburg
- Würzburg
- Regensburg

Is Bamberg one of the towns you'll be visiting?

Probably Würzburg, there is a large fortress and the location on the
hills surrounding the river is nice.

Who cares about the fortress when there's the Recidence?

Old July 7th, 2009, 04:10 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
erilar

In article
,
Leo wrote:

If you were to travel to one of these 3 cities, which one would you
choose and why?
- Augsburg
- Würzburg
- Regensburg

I don't really know the second well; I haven't spent much time there.
But the other two have a lot to offer. It really depends on what you're
interested in. With me, it's history before anything else.

--
Mary Loomer Oliver (aka Erilar)

You can't reason with someone whose first line of argument is
that reason doesn't count. --Isaac Asimov

Erilar's Cave Annex: http://www.chibardun.net/~erilarlo*

Old July 7th, 2009, 09:24 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Leo

If you were to travel to one of these 3 cities, which one would you
choose and why?
- Augsburg
- Würzburg
- Regensburg

I don't really know the second well; I haven't spent much time there.
But the other two have a lot to offer. *It really depends on what you're
interested in. *With me, it's history before anything else.

Which one would you choose from historical perspective?

Old July 7th, 2009, 09:25 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Leo

Is Bamberg one of the towns you'll be visiting?

No, because Bamberg is too far from Munich (at least 2 hours 38 min by
train one way). Maybe next time.