Augsburg vs Würzburg vs Regensburg

Old July 8th, 2009, 12:54 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
sueb

Default Augsburg vs Würzburg vs Regensburg

On Jul 7, 1:24*pm, Leo wrote:
If you were to travel to one of these 3 cities, which one would you
choose and why?
- Augsburg
- Würzburg
- Regensburg

I don't really know the second well; I haven't spent much time there.
But the other two have a lot to offer. *It really depends on what you're
interested in. *With me, it's history before anything else.

Which one would you choose from historical perspective?

Augsburg! Because I was born there.
What's more historically important than my life? It's all about me!

Susan B.
Old July 8th, 2009, 12:55 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
erilar

In article
,
Leo wrote:

If you were to travel to one of these 3 cities, which one would you
choose and why?
- Augsburg
- Würzburg
- Regensburg

I don't really know the second well; I haven't spent much time there.
But the other two have a lot to offer. *It really depends on what you're
interested in. *With me, it's history before anything else.

Which one would you choose from historical perspective?

Augsburg goes back to Roman times 8-) I believe Regensburg was on the
Limes, but didn't spend enough time there to be able to say whether
there's much evidence.

--
Mary Loomer Oliver (aka Erilar)

You can't reason with someone whose first line of argument is
that reason doesn't count. --Isaac Asimov

Erilar's Cave Annex: http://www.chibardun.net/~erilarlo*

Old July 8th, 2009, 02:53 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
all of dgs

On 7/7/2009 4:55 PM erilar ignored two million years of human evolution
to write:

Augsburg goes back to Roman times 8-)

As does Regensburg, which in Roman times was Castra Regina. And the
Celts before them, who called the settlement near present-day
Regensburg "Radasbona."

I believe Regensburg was on the
Limes, but didn't spend enough time there to be able to say whether
there's much evidence.

Regensburg (Castra Regina) was located to the east of the eastern end of
the Rätischer Limes, just past the point where the Naab joins the
Danube.
--
dgs
Old July 8th, 2009, 02:44 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
erilar

In article ,
all of dgs wrote:

On 7/7/2009 4:55 PM erilar ignored two million years of human evolution
to write:

Augsburg goes back to Roman times 8-)

As does Regensburg, which in Roman times was Castra Regina. And the
Celts before them, who called the settlement near present-day
Regensburg "Radasbona."

I believe Regensburg was on the
Limes, but didn't spend enough time there to be able to say whether
there's much evidence.

Regensburg (Castra Regina) was located to the east of the eastern end of
the Rätischer Limes, just past the point where the Naab joins the
Danube.

I think I need to visit Regensburg again, longer this time 8-)

Old July 8th, 2009, 05:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jesper Lauridsen[_1_]

On 2009-07-07, Leo wrote:
Is Bamberg one of the towns you'll be visiting?

No, because Bamberg is too far from Munich (at least 2 hours 38 min by
train one way). Maybe next time.

It take 1 hour and 49 minutes. Just as fast as Würzburg.