Viareggio- beaches

Old July 10th, 2009, 09:44 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Bartc

Default Viareggio- beaches

"Piero" wrote in message
David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) ha scritto:
I remember a beach in
Crete that could only be reached after an hour's walk over the hills,
and there was a chap renting them!)

The only things you will not find there (Viareggio and nearby locations)
are cheap renting :-(.
Parasol renting everywhere (difficult to find 'free' beaches, without
parasol renting), but not cheap :-(.

Google earth seems to show quite clearly the busy beaches (buried
under the parasols and sunbeds) and the 'free' ones.

--
Bart

Old July 10th, 2009, 11:44 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
sergio

Although I don't quite understand how one could be so interested in
saving shims, on one day rentals on a distant land, here is a
suggestion.
The cheapest place nearby is Marina di Vecchiano. No doubt.

Sergio
Pisa
Old July 10th, 2009, 12:05 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne[_2_]

Sergio wrote:

Although I don't quite understand how one could be so interested in
saving shims, on one day rentals on a distant land, here is a
suggestion.
The cheapest place nearby is Marina di Vecchiano. No doubt.

I'm not bothered by the price for one day- more the availability, so
this has all been useful.

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)
Old July 10th, 2009, 04:56 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
sergio

On 10 Lug, 13:05, (David Horne) wrote:

I'm not bothered by the price for one day- more the availability, so
this has all been useful.

O.k.
Then, here is a deal.
My wife and another lady we know have reserved a place for the whole
season at Tirrenia, a nice beach that can be easily reached from Pisa,
and Livorno too.
Possible to have guests for one day there, at no cost.
Interested?

Sergio
Pisa
Old July 10th, 2009, 04:58 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
sergio

Hold on, David.
I just read that you are a musician.
You are all the more welcome, if you dare.

Sergio
Pisa
Old July 10th, 2009, 07:51 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Bartc

"BartC" wrote in message
om...

"Piero" wrote in message
David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) ha scritto:
I remember a beach in
Crete that could only be reached after an hour's walk over the hills,
and there was a chap renting them!)

The only things you will not find there (Viareggio and nearby locations)
are cheap renting :-(.
Parasol renting everywhere (difficult to find 'free' beaches, without
parasol renting), but not cheap :-(.

Google earth seems to show quite clearly the busy beaches (buried under
the parasols and sunbeds) and the 'free' ones.

Unless the images were captured in winter...

Old July 11th, 2009, 11:44 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Sergio wrote:

On 10 Lug, 13:05, (David Horne) wrote:

I'm not bothered by the price for one day- more the availability, so
this has all been useful.

O.k.
Then, here is a deal.
My wife and another lady we know have reserved a place for the whole
season at Tirrenia, a nice beach that can be easily reached from Pisa,
and Livorno too.
Possible to have guests for one day there, at no cost.
Interested?

I am, and I really appreciate your offer, but it's so much easier for us
to get to Viareggio by train, I think we'll just do that instead. As I
said, I don't mind the price for one day...

Thanks again,

David

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)
"The fact is that when I compose I never think of and never
have thought of meeting the listener." -George Perle (RIP 2009)
Old July 11th, 2009, 12:25 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
sergio

On 11 Lug, 12:44, (David Horne, _the_ chancellor
(*)) wrote:
I am, and I really appreciate your offer, but it's so much easier for us
to get to Viareggio by train,

O.k.
As of today I am not sure that trains run again regularly to/through
Viareggio.
Else, you might rely on coach service.

Sergio
Pisa
Old July 11th, 2009, 04:31 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

(*)) wrote:
I am, and I really appreciate your offer, but it's so much easier for us
to get to Viareggio by train,

O.k.
As of today I am not sure that trains run again regularly to/through
Viareggio.
Else, you might rely on coach service.

The trains seem fine now, I checked on the 'live running' at PIsa
station. Thanks for the heads up anyway!