seek SFO parking

Old August 9th, 2009, 06:20 PM posted to ba.transportation,rec.travel.usa-canada
AMC

Default seek SFO parking

I need to park my car at SFO Aug 29 for 3 days.
Can you please tell me any low cost San Francisco Airport parking there?
Thank you.

Old August 9th, 2009, 06:32 PM posted to ba.transportation,rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

"AMC" wrote in message
I need to park my car at SFO Aug 29 for 3 days.
Can you please tell me any low cost San Francisco Airport parking there?
Thank you.

Clearly you are in the SF Bay Area. You can research the private long term
parking lots. There is one to the north of 380 west of 101 and another
south of SFO east of 101. Both have frequent shuttles to SFO. Or you can
check out SFO's long term parking, which I believe is north of, and on the
same side of 101 as, the car rental place.

An alternative is to check the nearby hotels and see if they will - for a
fee, of course - allow you to park with shuttle service to/from the airport.
I've done exactly this in the past.

Old August 9th, 2009, 07:14 PM posted to ba.transportation,rec.travel.usa-canada
PeterL

On Aug 9, 10:20*am, "AMC" wrote:
I need to park my car at SFO Aug 29 for 3 days.
Can you please tell me any low cost San Francisco Airport parking there?
Thank you.

The parking lot at the Millbrae BART station has long term parking. I
think it's $1 a day. You need to reserve it. Another option is to
stay one night at an airport area hotel. Some will let you park for 7
days free with a one night stay.
Old August 10th, 2009, 01:11 AM posted to ba.transportation,rec.travel.usa-canada
PeterL

On Aug 9, 11:14*am, PeterL wrote:
On Aug 9, 10:20*am, "AMC" wrote:

I need to park my car at SFO Aug 29 for 3 days.
Can you please tell me any low cost San Francisco Airport parking there?
Thank you.

The parking lot at the Millbrae BART station has long term parking. *I
think it's $1 a day. *You need to reserve it. *Another option is to
stay one night at an airport area hotel. *Some will let you park for 7
days free with a one night stay.

I am sorry it's actually $6 a day at the Millbrae BART station:

http://www.bart.gov/guide/parking/index.aspx
Old August 10th, 2009, 01:33 AM posted to ba.transportation,rec.travel.usa-canada
David Nebenzahl

On 8/9/2009 5:11 PM PeterL spake thus:

On Aug 9, 11:14 am, PeterL wrote:

On Aug 9, 10:20 am, "AMC" wrote:

I need to park my car at SFO Aug 29 for 3 days.
Can you please tell me any low cost San Francisco Airport parking there?
Thank you.

The parking lot at the Millbrae BART station has long term parking. I
think it's $1 a day. You need to reserve it. Another option is to
stay one night at an airport area hotel. Some will let you park for 7
days free with a one night stay.

I am sorry it's actually $6 a day at the Millbrae BART station:

http://www.bart.gov/guide/parking/index.aspx

Still sounds like a screamin' deal compared to other parking lots.

Old August 10th, 2009, 04:22 AM posted to ba.transportation,rec.travel.usa-canada
gfc

--
Found--the gene that causes belief in genetic determinism- Hide quoted text -

Yes, what a great idea. It's right on El Camino and Millbrae Avenue
in the middle of everything, very accessible by BART of course and a
couple of bus lines whereas the long term SFO parking lots are a bit
far from civilization and probably more than $6 a day.

This is what I found. All they had to do is go to google and type in
"sfo long term parking"
http://www.flysfo.com/web/page/parki...ons/long-term/

gfc
Old August 10th, 2009, 07:54 AM posted to ba.transportation,rec.travel.usa-canada
SMS

AMC wrote:
I need to park my car at SFO Aug 29 for 3 days.
Can you please tell me any low cost San Francisco Airport parking there?
Thank you.

SMA is $7/day plus tax. Free transportation to/from the airport.

Use coupon at "http://www.metroactive.com/coupons/coupons/SMAAIRPORT.html"

This is cheaper than the BART lot and having to pay for the train (as
well as being faster and more secure). However you should also give the
driver a $, more if he helps you with a load of luggage.

I've been using them for years.
Old August 10th, 2009, 09:53 PM posted to ba.transportation,rec.travel.usa-canada
ACM

"gfc" wrote in message
The parking lot at the Millbrae BART station has long term parking. I
think it's $1 a day. You need to reserve it. Another option is to
stay one night at an airport area hotel. Some will let you park for 7
days free with a one night stay.

I am sorry it's actually $6 a day at the Millbrae BART station:

http://www.bart.gov/guide/parking/index.aspx

Still sounds like a screamin' deal compared to other parking lots.

Can you please tell me how much the BART ticket cost per person from SFO to
Millbrae station?
Has anyone used this www.parking.carma.com reservation before?
Should we make the paid reservation weeks before our trip?
What if there is no space left when we get into the BART parking lot?

Old August 11th, 2009, 01:24 AM posted to ba.transportation,rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

On Aug 10, 1:53*pm, "ACM" wrote:
Can you please tell me how much the BART ticket cost per person from SFO to
Millbrae station?

According to http://www.bart.gov/tickets/calculator/index.aspx it is
$4.00 each way.

Despite its proximity and high cost, SFO is an orphan station. You
cannot go directly from SFO to Millbrae. You have to transfer to a
different train, preferably at San Bruno.
Old August 11th, 2009, 01:52 AM posted to ba.transportation,rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

"ACM" wrote in message
"gfc" wrote in message
The parking lot at the Millbrae BART station has long term parking. I
think it's $1 a day. You need to reserve it. Another option is to
stay one night at an airport area hotel. Some will let you park for 7
days free with a one night stay.

I am sorry it's actually $6 a day at the Millbrae BART station:

http://www.bart.gov/guide/parking/index.aspx

Still sounds like a screamin' deal compared to other parking lots.

Can you please tell me how much the BART ticket cost per person from SFO
Millbrae station?
Has anyone used this www.parking.carma.com reservation before?
Should we make the paid reservation weeks before our trip?
What if there is no space left when we get into the BART parking lot?

hmmm...and we should be your travel agent maybe such that you expect us to
do your research for you instead of you yourself picking up the phone and/or
conducting the requisite net searches?