seek SFO parking

Old August 11th, 2009, 03:28 AM posted to ba.transportation,rec.travel.usa-canada
SMS

Default seek SFO parking

wrote:
On Aug 10, 1:53 pm, "ACM" wrote:
Can you please tell me how much the BART ticket cost per person from SFO to
Millbrae station?

According to
http://www.bart.gov/tickets/calculator/index.aspx it is
$4.00 each way.

Despite its proximity and high cost, SFO is an orphan station. You
cannot go directly from SFO to Millbrae. You have to transfer to a
different train, preferably at San Bruno.

That's why SMA is usually a better deal than BART. It's $1 more per day,
but you don't have $8 per person in BART tickets. I'm surprised it's
that much for BART. Last time I did that run after coming up on CalTrain
to Millbrae, I think it was only $2.50.

It's ironic that CalTrain used to have a fast, free shuttle from the
Millbrae station to the airport terminals. Now hundreds of millions of
dollars later, it takes three trains (two BART and one AirTrain), and
$4, to get from the station to the airport's domestic terminals.

They should have run the SFO AirTrain out to the Millbrae station and
not bothered with BART. Even when you get off of BART at the airport,
for the domestic terminals you'll still likely use the AirTrain from the
BART airport station to the terminal.
Old August 11th, 2009, 04:29 AM posted to ba.transportation,rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

On Aug 10, 7:28*pm, SMS wrote:
Last time I did that run after coming up on CalTrain
to Millbrae, I think it was only $2.50.

It probably was $1.50. BART recently did a system-wide fare
increase. The new SFO premium is so large that the airport decided to
run free shuttles for its employees.
Old August 11th, 2009, 03:07 PM posted to ba.transportation,rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

On Aug 10, 10:48*pm, SMS wrote:
I saw that story about the Millbrae-SFO shuttle for workers. They need
to bring that back for passengers as well.

The really good thing about the old shuttle was that its schedule was
coordnated with the trains. BART runs its trains so you often see
your next train pulling away just as you arrive at the Millbrae and
San Bruno stations. I have come to believe that they did this
deliberately.
Old August 11th, 2009, 11:16 PM posted to ba.transportation,rec.travel.usa-canada
SMS

wrote:
On Aug 10, 10:48 pm, SMS wrote:
I saw that story about the Millbrae-SFO shuttle for workers. They need
to bring that back for passengers as well.

The really good thing about the old shuttle was that its schedule was
coordnated with the trains. BART runs its trains so you often see
your next train pulling away just as you arrive at the Millbrae and
San Bruno stations. I have come to believe that they did this
deliberately.

Yeah but the old shuttle was very cost-effective so it had to be
discontinued in favor of a $1.2-billion BART extension to Millbrae and
SFO. And now that they did the extension, they're not even using the
Millbrae to SFO section of it (that section added another couple of
hundred million to the cost). A hundred million dollars here, a hundred
million dollars there, and pretty soon you're talking about real money.

What was done at JFK and Newark would have been just fine for SFO.
Extend the airport train out to the nearest train station. Since most
people would take the airport train to their terminal anyway, it would
involve no extra train changes.

CalTrain says that it was SFO that funded the Millbrae to SFO shuttle,
and that it would have to be SFO funding it should it be re-started. It
didn't cost very much to operate.
Old August 12th, 2009, 12:09 AM posted to ba.transportation,rec.travel.usa-canada
ACM

Default ParkRideFly SFO

We found this ParkRideFlyUSA at $6.50 per day (tax include)
http://www.parkrideflyusa.com/parkin...irportCode=SFO
But they requires pre-paid reservation of $3.00.

But we also this AVR Parking site, but they charge $7.95 per day
http://avrparking.com

Another AirportParkingNet.com is $8.95 per day
http://www.airportparkingnet.com/par...VR_Parking_SFO

Have anyone use this AVR lot before? Do I really need the paid reservation?
I assume this is open air lot? Is this lot fenced and secured?
How often is the shuttle from SFO? Thank you.

Old August 12th, 2009, 01:07 AM posted to ba.transportation,rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

"ACM" wrote in message
We found this ParkRideFlyUSA at $6.50 per day (tax include)
http://www.parkrideflyusa.com/parkin...irportCode=SFO
But they requires pre-paid reservation of $3.00.

But we also this AVR Parking site, but they charge $7.95 per day
http://avrparking.com

Another AirportParkingNet.com is $8.95 per day
http://www.airportparkingnet.com/par...VR_Parking_SFO

Have anyone use this AVR lot before? Do I really need the paid
reservation?
I assume this is open air lot? Is this lot fenced and secured?
How often is the shuttle from SFO? Thank you.

[chuckle] So exactly why is it that you are asking these very specific
questions to us here rather than to the folks who run that AVR lot? Are you
under the impression that we work at or own that facility such that we have
your required information at our very fingertips? What exactly is your
rationale for asking us rather than those folks, who know better than we do
the answers to your questions?

Old August 12th, 2009, 02:30 AM posted to ba.transportation,rec.travel.usa-canada
Timothy J. Lee

Default BART/SFO seek SFO parking

In article ,
SMS wrote:
Even when you get off of BART at the airport,
for the domestic terminals you'll still likely use the AirTrain from the
BART airport station to the terminal.

The time I did take BART to SFO, I just walked to the domestic terminal
instead of looking for the AirTrain. Maximum possible distance to walk
to the gate of an airplane appears to be only 0.6 of a mile, although
that is the unused old international terminal (maximum distance to a gate
that is actually used appears to be slightly less, about 0.5 of a mile).

Timothy J. Lee
Old August 12th, 2009, 03:25 AM posted to ba.transportation,rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

On Aug 11, 5:07*pm, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:
[chuckle] So exactly why is it that you are asking these very specific
questions to us here rather than to the folks who run that AVR lot? *Are you
under the impression that we work at or own that facility such that we have
your required information at our very fingertips? *What exactly is your
rationale for asking us rather than those folks, who know better than we do
the answers to your questions?

Hey, he is going to park for three days! Think of all the money he
can save!