Shopping online during roadtrip

Old July 3rd, 2010, 04:39 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
SMS

Default Shopping online during roadtrip

On 01/07/10 8:42 PM, - Bobb - wrote:
John,

If you have a list of your hotels already I'd contact them. I have friends
that take long motorcycle rides and before leaving home they contact the
hotel , ship some clothes to each and as he leaves he mails the dirty
clothes home again. He has family ship the package to each address a few
days before he arrives - he tries to arrange it so that the package is
delivered the day he arrives.

Wow. Since most hotels have self-service guest laundries, this seems
like a very expensive thing to do. I generally take few clothes on trips
and plan on doing laundry at the hotel.
Old July 4th, 2010, 10:23 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Binyamin Dissen

On Sat, 03 Jul 2010 08:39:40 -0700 SMS wrote:

:On 01/07/10 8:42 PM, - Bobb - wrote:
: John,

: If you have a list of your hotels already I'd contact them. I have friends
: that take long motorcycle rides and before leaving home they contact the
: hotel , ship some clothes to each and as he leaves he mails the dirty
: clothes home again. He has family ship the package to each address a few
: days before he arrives - he tries to arrange it so that the package is
: delivered the day he arrives.

:Wow. Since most hotels have self-service guest laundries, this seems
:like a very expensive thing to do. I generally take few clothes on trips
:and plan on doing laundry at the hotel.

The business hotels do not, in general. Family hotels are much more likely.

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Old July 5th, 2010, 05:57 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
- Bobb -[_2_]

The reason is not that they don't want to do laundry, it's that:
1. they can't plan on it. Not everyday is hotel based. It's a 'tonight let's
ride until dark' and tomorrow we'll get to the hotel/ motel early. (Where
the new clothes awaits.) Also sometimes it's pretty remote.
2. It's time thing too. A lot of what is sent ( old underwear,socks, old
t-shirts with small holes in them etc) is tossed as they go so don't have to
buy stuff/find a store for basics. The 'good clothes' they do launder as
they go, but sometimes the disposable clothes gets them thru most of the
trip. So they might have 2 changes and - if climate is the same fine that
works - they can stow it. But if driving from Arizona to Oregon, might need
cold weather gear from Oregon all the way home - so might then ship the warm
weather clothes home.