Celebrity Cruises Breaks the Ice!

Old March 30th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Celebrity Cruises Breaks the Ice!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Celebrity Cruises and thought it
would be of interest. For those looking for a little something
different, you might want to consider one of these cruises. If you
have missed any of my news' postings, they are available on my web
site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Celebrity Cruises Breaks the Ice: Launches Arctic, Antarctic
Xpeditions

Polar-Class Icebreaker Takes Guests to Remote Regions in Celebrity
Style
MIAMI, March 30
The latest Celebrity Xpeditions(SM) exotic travel experience from
Celebrity Cruises just might give you chills. Partnering with polar
explorations leader Quark Expeditions, Celebrity will take guests to
the isolated Arctic and Antarctic on 12- and 13- night voyages aboard
a polar-class icebreaker.

"We promised to go to the ends of the earth to offer our guests
extraordinary experiences, and that's literally where our latest
Celebrity Xpeditions will take them," said Celebrity's President and
COO Jack Williams. "These incredible new cruises represent another
series of opportunities for savvy travelers to be 'treated famously'
in rare, remote destinations."

The platform for the latest Celebrity Xpedition is Quark Expeditions'
112- guest Kapitan Khlebnikov, a powerful, polar-class icebreaker with
a 434-foot length considered ideal for navigating around icebergs and
ice floes.

"Celebrity Xpeditions-High Arctic" is a 13-night itinerary departing
roundtrip from Ottawa, Canada, on August 11, and September 3, 2004.
Against a backdrop of mountains, glaciers and fjords, the ship cruises
through dense ice to Resolute; Lancaster Sound, home to whales, polar
bears and Arctic seals; Coburg Island, circled by rocky ledges dotted
with rare seabirds; Smith Sound, Kane Basin and Ellesmere Island;
northern Greenland's administrative capital, Qaanaaq (Thule); the
migratory bird sanctuary of Bylot Island, and Beechy Island, where Sir
John Franklin set out in the mid-1800s with 134 men and two ships to
find the Northwest Passage and mysteriously disappeared. The cruise
also takes guests directly through drift ice to Cape York, featuring
the scenic Melville Bay and multiple breeds of marine mammals.

At the other end of the earth, "Celebrity Xpeditions-Antarctic" is a
12- night voyage departing roundtrip from Ushuaia, Argentina, on
October 25 and November 5, 2004. Kapitan Khlebnikov takes guests past
glaciers, icebergs and rugged mountains to Drake Passage, known for
numerous albatrosses and widely varied seabirds; Elephant Island,
where legendary explorer Sir Ernest Shackleton's famed Endurance sank
in 1915; the South Shetland Islands, including the wildlife-rich Half
Moon Island, Livingstone Island, and the active volcano of Deception
Island; Cape Horn, the southernmost tip of South America and the
legendary seafaring point where the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans meet,
and five full days in the Antarctic Sound and Peninsula, known for
some of the continent's rarest wildlife, massive drifting icebergs,
towering rock faces, crater islands and dramatic glaciers.

The Celebrity experience onboard includes an open bridge, sauna,
exercise room, cold water plunge pool, dining room with open seating,
library, lounge, bar and theatre, where enrichment lectures, video
presentations and films are presented. Excursions feature
transportation on inflatable Zodiacs and helicopters.

Fares for Celebrity Xpeditions-High Arctic begin at $9,000 per person,
double occupancy, and include roundtrip air from Ottawa to Resolute;
hotel accommodations in Ottawa; all meals onboard the ship; transfers
to charter flights and the ship; all beverages, including house brands
of beer, wine and spirits; all onboard gratuities, including those for
naturalists; complimentary parka with Celebrity Xpeditions logo, and
shore excursions, including helicopter tours.

Fares for Celebrity Xpeditions-Antarctic begin at $8,500 per person,
double occupancy, and include hotel accommodations in Ushuaia,
Argentina; all meals onboard the vessel; transfers to the ship; all
beverages, including house brands of beer, wine and spirits; all
onboard gratuities, including those for naturalists; complimentary
parka with Celebrity Xpeditions logo, and shore excursions, including
helicopter tours.

Kapitan Khlebnikov offers outside stateroom and suite accommodations
in five categories, in dimensions ranging from 135 to 285 square feet.

Celebrity Cruises is the industry's highest-rated premium cruise brand
with a taste of luxury. The cruise line has 10 ships in its fleet,
which is the youngest of any major line. Celebrity sails in Alaska,
Bermuda, California, the Caribbean, Europe, the Galapagos Islands,
Hawaii, the Mexican Riviera, the Panama Canal and South America. For
more information, call your travel agent.

Old March 31st, 2004, 05:40 AM
Tom & Linda

The April 2004 edition of Cruise Travel Magazine has an interesting article
on the Kapitan Khlebnikov doing an Arctic Northwest Passage voyage.

--Tom

Old March 31st, 2004, 11:17 AM
MJDEEG

Ray,
Can you give us an idea of how quickly or not Xpedition is selling?
Happy Cruisin'
Mark
Home Port:
Monmouth County,NJ.