One Night in Bangkok, $300 budget, where would you stay?

Old October 7th, 2003, 12:22 AM
Matt Mason

Default One Night in Bangkok, $300 budget, where would you stay?

Getting married and looking for a hotel to book one night before we
leave for the honeymoon. Normally I stay at the Royal.. but somehow I
think my wife would appreciate something a little more upscale for the
wedding night :+)

The Shangri-la looks nice with the balconies, but I have no idea if
their reputation is more hype than reality. Any info/recommendations on
the Shangri-la or other good hotels in BKK?

Thanks in advance..

Matt

Old October 7th, 2003, 03:28 AM
Kris

I can only second that. Peninsula. No doubt about that.

Kris

Old October 8th, 2003, 01:56 AM
David

The "Oriental" is on most lists of top 5 in the world. At $200 per night it
is expensive by Thai standards, but incredibly cheap considering the prices
of the rest of the top 5. Great for a once in a lifetime indulgence in pure
luxury.

dj

Old October 8th, 2003, 04:46 AM
Tchiowa

Matt Mason wrote in message ...
Getting married and looking for a hotel to book one night before we
leave for the honeymoon. Normally I stay at the Royal.. but somehow I
think my wife would appreciate something a little more upscale for the
wedding night :+)

The Shangri-la looks nice with the balconies, but I have no idea if
their reputation is more hype than reality. Any info/recommendations on
the Shangri-la or other good hotels in BKK?

Sukhumvit Grande Sheraton. Marriott Resort downtown. Grand Hyatt.

And you can book those for around $100 a night.

Old October 8th, 2003, 05:51 PM
Peter L

"Chris Blunt" wrote in message

Yes, but that's the Hong Kong Peninsula, not the one in Bangkok.

No it's the one in Bangkok.

Old October 8th, 2003, 05:56 PM
Kris

Yup, it IS the one in BKK.

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 09:51:23 -0700, "Peter L"
wrote:

.. .

Old October 8th, 2003, 06:35 PM
Sjoerd

"Peter L" schreef in bericht

"Chris Blunt" wrote in message

Yes, but that's the Hong Kong Peninsula, not the one in Bangkok.

No it's the one in Bangkok.

Rated when and by whom?

Sjoerd