Buying/using pre-paid SIM cards

Old September 11th, 2003, 09:16 PM
Neil Raines

Default Buying/using pre-paid SIM cards

Vodafone will work in both countries if some paperwork is sorted out.

NZ Vodafone will have what you're looking for, check out:

http://www.vodafone.co.nz/pricingpla...t.jsp?hd=4your
business&st=pricingplans&ss=prepay

They have a "start up" pack for $35 NZD, they have vodafone
kiosk's/retailers all over the place including Auckland Airport (I

think).

Have fun!

Thanks. Exactly what I need it seems.
I assume this card will only work in NZ and not in Australia as well?
Are there other phone companies supplying similar pre-pay cards in NZ? I
know that in some countries, the cost of calling/sending SMS messages (I
hope I can do this without problems to/from Norway) varies a lot, so
naturally I want the one with the best deals.

Hallvard
--
Atari Launchpad : http://launchpad.atari.org
Notator/Creator SL : http://www.notator.org

Old September 11th, 2003, 10:24 PM
Nigel Marx

"Neil Raines" wrote in message

Vodafone will work in both countries if some paperwork is sorted out.

NZ Vodafone will have what you're looking for, check out:

I think you may be wrong Neil. Vodaphone only offer global roaming on their
contract accounts, not pre-pay (or at least they didn't last year when my
partner and I went to Aussie with one contract and one pre-pay phone).
The curent cost of sending an SMS anywhere in the world that has agreements
with Vodaphone, and that includes most of the European phone companies, is
presently NZ$0.10c but this is half normal and may change back.

Regards

Nigel in NZ