Inoculations, for BKK yes or no?

Old September 24th, 2003, 05:38 PM
Gcw Willey

Default Inoculations, for BKK yes or no?

Hi people.
I will be in Bangkok for 2 and a 1/2 weeks from mid November, would you
advise me to get inoculated against any nasties or can I do without them?
Thanks for your help.

Old September 24th, 2003, 05:50 PM
Kris

Not needed for just BKK, don't worry lah.

Kris

Old September 24th, 2003, 07:24 PM
Gcw Willey

Well I dont think I am GAY, but I hear that there are some fine looking
ladyboys over there?
And I hope I am not stupid enough to drink the water, so it looks like its
no needles for me then, yipeeeeeee!
"The Man" wrote in message
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:00:00 +0000 (UTC), "Gcw Willey"
wrote:

Cheers Kris, what abour Phuket?
.. .

wrote:

Hi people.
I will be in Bangkok for 2 and a 1/2 weeks from mid November, would

you
advise me to get inoculated against any nasties or can I do without

them?
Thanks for your help.

Unless you are gay or have a habit of drinking tapwater you wont need
anything.

Im out there in November and wont be dosing up with anything, other
than Kloster and Singha beer that is.

-
In the beginning there was nothing........which exploded

Old September 24th, 2003, 09:57 PM
Nigel Bruce

The Man wrote:

Unless you are gay or have a habit of drinking tapwater you wont need
anything.

[sarcasm on]
Are gay men more susceptible to typhoid, tetanus, polio, TB or hepatitis
A than straight men :-) Or is it that if you are gay you could only
possibly be visiting Thailand to have sex in which case you are at risk
from hepatitis B (naturally no straight man would ever go to Thailand to
have sex!). There's nothing anyone can do (innoculation-wise) to protect
themselves from HIV. Whether you're straight or gay you're at risk from
sexually transmitted diseases - but ONLY if you have sex. You're not in
any danger of catching a disease merely by virtue of your sexual identity.
[sarcasm off]

Seriously, I suggest that the original poster seek medical advice from
suitably qualified medical staff and not through newsgroups. Most guide
books I've read recommend protection against typhoid, tetanus, polio, TB
and hepatitis A though anti-malarial prophylaxis is not needed in
Bangkok. But as I say don't take my word for it. Talk to a professional.

Old September 25th, 2003, 02:38 AM
suebo

Totally up to you Willey - whatever you will feel more comfortable
doing, my hubby got them and I did not. Neither of us had a problem.
If you do decide to get some Hep shots, you better start soon as they
are done over a few weeks. 1st shot, booster, then another shot.

--
suebo

Old September 25th, 2003, 08:47 AM
Tchiowa

"Gcw Willey" wrote in message ...
Hi people.
I will be in Bangkok for 2 and a 1/2 weeks from mid November, would you
advise me to get inoculated against any nasties

No.
Old September 25th, 2003, 07:58 PM
USC

I don't think you need anything for Bangkok; I am taking shots for
Japanese Encephalitus because I will be going up to Chiang Mai, Chiang
Rai and up along the Mekong River, and also got a booster for Typhoid
(my Hep A and B innoculations are still good from my trip to Burma in
March 2000.)

Regards,
USC