Need Advice

Old January 27th, 2005, 02:18 PM
PM

Default Need Advice

We are trying to plan a trip for our family (2 young children) to the
Caribbean sometime in the month of July. Where can we go that have
family-oriented resorts? We would like to be on the beach, and don't mind
if it is a quiet nightlife. Has anyone have any good experiences that would
like to share their info??

Thanks,
PEK

Old January 27th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Juliana L Holm

PM wrote:
We are trying to plan a trip for our family (2 young children) to the
Caribbean sometime in the month of July. Where can we go that have
family-oriented resorts? We would like to be on the beach, and don't mind
if it is a quiet nightlife. Has anyone have any good experiences that would
like to share their info??

There are some family oriented resorts on Puerto Rico, especially if you
get away from San Juan. Check out the paradores puertoriquenas, and
consider staying a few places around the island if you can. The island of
Vieques, which I have not been to, is supposed to be very nice.

The Virgin Islands are another option, either the British or US Virgins
have lots of family stuff and good locations.

The Caribbean Coast of Mexico is good, too, as long as you stay away from
Cancun, which tends to be party-centric, although I understand that there
are nice family places there, and Cozumel, with its constant influx of
Cruise ships.

For that matter cruises on most mass market lines are very very family
friendly, like a big floating resort with a great kids' program.

--
Julie
**********

http://www.dragonsholm.org/travel.htm
Old January 31st, 2005, 01:26 PM
BARBARA WILLIAMS

Boscobel Beach in Jamaica is great for a family oriented trip. You can stay
at the resort all the time, or leave the kids there (in the care of resort
staff) and go out to see Jamaica... which is a beautiful country with
friendly people (particularly in this part of the island). You could enjoy
James Bond Beach in Orocabessa, or on market day go to the farmer's market
in Port Maria... both wonderful experiences. A day trip to the Blue
Mountains wouldn't be out of reach as well.
.. .