Going to Wal-Mart while in Port

Old March 25th, 2005, 08:41 PM
Scott W

Default Going to Wal-Mart while in Port

We get a lot of cruise ships visiting here (Kailua Kona) and every
time there is a ship in Wal-Mart sends a shuttle buss to shuttle people
to and from the ship to Wal-Mart. A lot of people take this shuttle
and go to Wal-Mart, what I would love to know is why, if you are on a
cruise to someplace like Hawaii, would you want to go to Wal-Mart? I
have nothing against Wal-Mart mind you but our town is very nice and
there are any number of interesting places to see right from the pier
where the tender boats come in. There is even a nice little beach
right there were you can snorkel or just swim.

We see passengers from the ships at Wal-Mart all the time and I keep
wanting to ask why they are there but it seems kind of rude to do so.

Scott

Old March 25th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Mike Cordelli

It's the same with us when we see people running for McDonalds at a stop.
Makes no sense.

oups.com...

Old March 25th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Don & Lynn

My wife's sister and her husband have taken trips to Paris, France several
times and they eat their meals at McDonalds. Go figure.

"Mike Cordelli" wrote in message
om...
It's the same with us when we see people running for McDonalds at a stop.
Makes no sense.

oups.com...

Old March 25th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Ebbtide

You see it everywhere. Folks hit Burger King after the opera or a play in
metropolitan cities. I don't get it.

oups.com...

Old March 25th, 2005, 09:01 PM
Don & Lynn

There is a Wal-Mart near the dock in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Several crew
members have told us that it is more expensive than the Wal-Marts in the
US.

You know, the people may be in Wal-Mart looking for soft drinks, which are
expensive on ships.

oups.com...

Old March 25th, 2005, 09:06 PM
villa deauville

I*'m with you Scott. Perhaps the cruisers want to shop for Hawaiian
goods and crafts and Wal-Mart could be the best place price wise for
this.
When we were on the big Island I did my clothes and gift shopping in the
Market
That was on our land trip.
The second time we went it was on a cruise. My DH's brother is buried at
the National Cemetary and we took a cab and spent most of the time there

S'nd I
XXX

(* _ *)

Old March 25th, 2005, 09:08 PM
villa deauville

We were on a road trip some time bqack and looked for a placwe to eat.
We saw a sign and as it loomed neare it was the Olive Garden. Ah,
someplace we knew

S'nd I
XXX

(* _ *)